30% off on eBay NOW!

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by WDWFigment, Oct 1, 2008.

1. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Has anyone else utilized the cashback deal? It's still going on. I got a SB-400 flash for $65 and a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens & B+W Pro UV filter for $248 (both including shipping and after cashback). Those are some pretty good deals, I'd say!

I've had to really hold myself from getting a D300. I could have gotten one with a Tamron 55-200mm lens for $1,135 (including shipping and after cash back), but I decided I'm not really "ready" yet.

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Is there a cap on how much you can get back?

4. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

$200 per transaction. That's why the D300 still would've been $1,135.

When they ran this promotion this summer, the max was $250 per transaction--not that I'm complaining about getting money back!

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

That's tempting... I could get a D700 with the battery grip for $2900 including shipping and then sell my D2xs...

6. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

^Depending on what you can find, it might be cheaper to get the D700 body in one transaction, and getting the battery grip in another. You're allowed to use 6 transactions.

I've found that the way to find the cheapest items is to sort the items by most recently listed. Good deals tend to go fast--in order to find the Sigma lens, I was constantly checking for new ones being listed.

Also, there are a lot of authorized as well as unauthorized sellers on eBay (and independent individuals selling their own used stuff), usually it's pretty easy to tell which is which, but I just thought I'd throw that out there, as I don't want someone unfamiliar with eBay taking advantage of this deal, and ending up with a warrantless grey market camera.

Good luck!

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

that is one whole lot of terms and conditions. are you sure there are no "gotchas" in there?

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Good point about getting the two of them separately. I didn't think of that.

I was planning on upgrading next summer, and this deal gets the camera down to what I wanted to pay for it next summer, which makes it tempting... The problem is that since I use my 12-24mm Dx all the time I would also need to get a 14-24 to replace it too. I'll have to think about it more.

9. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Tim, I already received $286 from transactions I completed in June & July. So long as you follow the rules, you'll get the money. Basically: buy it now listings only, make sure you see a little green "thing" that says how much you'll be getting back on the "confirmation" page. There really aren't any catches; just make sure you follow the rules and procedure.

mSummers, tough decisions. For me, it's always hard to not "buy, buy, buy" when these deals pop up. Don't think too long, though. We're on day 3 of 30% off, and earlier in the summer, it NEVER lasted more than 24 hours at a time at that level.

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

Do you get to see if you get the money before you complete the buy it now?

11. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

^Yes. After you do the click the link from live.com (btw, the best search there I've found that gives you a cashback link everytime is "cheap wii"), you will see a green 30% off banner at the top of the page. So long as you have that, you're set. Run a search, do whatever, just stay on eBay. Once you find an item you want to buy, click the buy it now button. You'll then see a little green banner on that page that says how much money you'll get back. If you don't see that, then DO NOT click the confirmation button.

There are some really helpful FAQs on the Slickdeals link I posted if you have any issues.

12. tootall

tootall Member

Yes this does work!! I used it at the end of June when it was 20% and max of $250 per transaction. I used it to get a 40d and pro9000 printer with a mail; in rebate of $300 of both. printer was $399 + camera with $200 instant off was $900. so $1300-300 mail in rebate-180 20% live camera-$80.00 live.com-10% ebay coupon off camera $90-$50 canon trade up rebate from xt to 40D= $600 for 40D including canon pro9000 printer and sold my old xt for $350 so $250 for new camera and printer. I also used the live for a Tokina 12-24 lens for 25% OFF. I recieved all monies back already except the $50 tradeup so far.
    Any questions would be happy to help someone.

Joe "too Tall"

13. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

This deal has caused me to spend way too much. I just picked up a Luxi SF tripod for $56.25 after cashback. In the last month, I've bought the following:
    New Samsung BDP1500 Blu-Ray player
    New Gateway T-6836 Laptop
    New Dell Desktop (for my fiancee's parents)
    Used SB-400 flash
    Used Sigma 30mm f/1.4 w/ B+W UV filter
    New North Face Hammerhead hydrapack
    Used North Face Megamouth hydrapack
    2 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Tickets
    Used Luxi SF tripod

for a cashback total of $575.18. So, in short, anyone who has yet to take advantage of this offer really should jump on it. It's only at 25% now, but that's still great for most items!

14. Hmmm I see a Velbon Luxi tripod for $103 before the 25%...very tempting! Id love to have it for Disney! I love my regular tripods (yes I have multiple regular ones because I bought one and then found one in the closet ;D) but I want one that owuld fit in my backpack!