4th of July photos

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by mainstreet1997, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Anybody get any awesome shots of fireworks, etc.? Last night was one of my first trips with my DSLR and my first time shooting fireworks -- and I got to use my spiffy new tripod. I actually kept 156 about of 257 I took (yes I could probably downsize more). Only thing was, my camera did not want to seem to sit straight on my tripod so Ive got some fiddling to do.

[​IMG]

Katie's 4th of July pictures

Happy 4th everybody!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mSummers

mSummers Member

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I never got around to going to that side of the Potomac. Great shots !

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

very impressive. thanks for sharing those, michael.

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Michael, those are awesome!
    Great Great job

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks guys! Here's the only one I got this year. Fortunately, it stopped raining just in time for the fireworks, but there wasn't any wind to blow the smoke away. After the first shot, the smoke ruined the rest of the show.

[​IMG]
    http://www.pbase.com/msummers/image/99687042/medium.jpg

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

How crowded was it on that side of the river?

And how long did it take you to get home?
    [me=Roger]remembers the hours to get on Metro esp the Orange line eastbound[/me]

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shot Michael!

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks Jeff.

Roger, It wasn't as crowded over there as it usually is because of the rain. Generally, it still gets very crowded, but not as bad as down on the mall. I live in Frederick County Maryland, so it took me 2hrs to get home last night after we left our spot. We figured out a couple of years ago that if you wait until 10:15 to leave the carillon, the metro isn't as crowded. By the time you walk back to the Roslyn Metro Station, the crowds are down to rush hour levels, so its not as bad trying to get onto the trains.

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Oh, wonderful shots, Michael!!!

Fun with sparklers. This little girl by accident almost wrote out 2008! ;D

[​IMG]

Some modest fireworks from my town's show (nothing like what Washington does which I saw on PBS last night). I wanted to capture multiple explosions so left my shutter open longer than I have in the past.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

scott, those are excellent exposures. nice job.

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nicely done Scott!

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thanks, Jeff & Tim. With so few rockets being let off, I could get a way with such long exposures. When they got to the grand finale, I couldn't manually trip the shutter fast enough and, by the time I flipped to faster speeds, they were done. ::)