90 day booking window for dining, tours and reservations to become standard

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Northern Sorcerer Mickey, Dec 23, 2008.

1. According to wdwmagic.com

Beginning today, there will be a 90 day advance booking window for dining, tours and reservations. This replaces the previous 180 day window.

Any existing reservations made with a longer timeframe will be honored.

Resort bookings continue to be at 500 days, and La Nouba remains at 180 days.

2. I know there will be a lot of online communities making noise about this but I see this as a much better number for ADRs. Personally I would like to see ADR's only for WDW resort guests or have some way to track only have 1 reservation per 4 hr period.

3. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

This is SO exciting! ; ;D

4. scratch

scratch Member

It's still going to be difficult to decide where the heck you want to eat at 90 days out!LOL

5. An update from a CM on wdwmagic.com, who is very reliable:

"With the growing pattern of Guests booking their dining, recreation
    and tour experiences closer to their travel dates as they finalize
    their vacation itineraries, we will be adjusting the booking window
    for those experiences to a 90-day period, effective December 23, 2008.

Disney Resort Hotel Guests may book 90 days prior to their scheduled
    check-in date for the first 10 days of their stay. Day Guests may book
    90 days prior to the date they wish to dine.

Due to the unique components and special nuances of Grand Gathering
    experiences and La Nouba performances, reservations for these
    offerings can be made up to 180 days in advance.

All existing reservations will be honoured as booked.

Note: A new start date for our updated Dining Reservation System or
    for Online Dine Bookings has not been officially announced as of yet."

6. wow - will Cindy's ever be tough to get now, if that turns out to be true...

7. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

It is true/official...whatever you want to call it. ; It was annouced as of 12:00 noon today. ; I was able to call this afternoon and reserve 90 + 10 with no problem. ; :)

SO exciting! I really miss the 'good old days' of a 90 day booking window. ; I thought it was an absolute joke that people were wanting to do a 'last minute' (2 months out) vacation to Disney and because of the 6 month rule, they were unable to eat with Mickey. ; ::)

8. It's Boxing Day - and I'm thinking of boxing up food... :) ; Making some dining reservations this morning before the kiddies wake. ;

One client travelling in April, was really excited to get ressies sorted for bd gift to child before New Year - I was able to make Chef Mickey and Cindy ressies long before this latest change, kept calling to see about making some other ressies, but the window had been stuck at Mar.23rd for all others... Now can't book any until 90 +10 - but it appears can't even make Cindy or Hoop Dee Doo ressies until 90 days out. ;

Reading thru some message/ fan boards, etc, I know some are happy, some are furious, and some are blase about this latest change. It'll be interesting to see what shakes out - fingers crossed it'll mean folks can get reservations with less hassle - but I think this is going to be a little bit challenging for those that are repeat guests and know what they want. ; Many book Hoop Dee Doo a year out, when it was possible.

The online booking date still seems to be on for January - fingers crossed!

Happy Boxing Day everyone!