A few from Epcot

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by PolynesianMedic, Apr 20, 2012.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very nice shots Jeff - I like the deep contrast processing on these - it works with the compositions. ; That first one is great, playing on the symmetry of the light posts...don't think I've ever noticed or seen that before...though once again, a great scenic shot is invaded by the dreaded Disney garbage can photo-bomb.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Jeff these are FANTASTIC! ; I agree with Justin on the first one, I was totally drawn in by the light poles (didn't see the garbage can until after). ; And the two of the garden in Canada are fantastic, especially the close up of the flowers with the building in the back out of focus. ; Very well done!

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Love the first and third photos. ; The first is neat in that every nuance is tied together so nicely. ; The Sphere is delineated by the monorail line which keeps the hub canopy in check, and the light poles that frame the shot. ; Very nice. ; And the third, that the cabin is nicely out of focus in the background. ; Well done!

5. PolynesianMedic

Thanks guys! I'm really trying to work on my photo compositions to make them more interesting. I guess I'm doing ok. ;)

As for the processing Justin, I just ran two filters over them in Paint Shop Pro Ultimate. ; They are including Nik Color Efex 3 in that software now, so I ran the graduated ND filter followed by the Tonal Contrast. ; These two are my favorites so far, I have a few others but for these types of shots, I think they are the best choice.

6. gary

gary Member

your skill set is growing by leaps and bounds, maybe moving down here and being at the world so much has really strengthened your compositional skills. i can really see a difference in what you bring to the table in the last year or so

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

you are certainly upping your game. ; i might need and john to BOTH start writing some articles from a beginner's perspective. ; john is already on board.

8. ELinder

ELinder Member

A sort of "what I learned today"? I'm sure those kinds of articles would be a very popular read.

9. HPS3

HPS3 Member

Jeff, great pics. I love number 1 also. I'm a sucker for symmetrical shots, especially with he sphere. There's also something about the monorail and F&G.

10. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Great shots Jeff. ; Love what you do with your pics.

11. PolynesianMedic

Thanks guys, I am really enjoying being here, and being able to apply what I have learned from each of you. ; It's nice to know that I am really getting better. ; It's one thing to think you are improving but another thing all together when others see it.

Tim, I think I could be into writing a beginners article for you. ; We can talk about it further.

12. The first one is nice! I like how you worked with the light posts since you werent going to be able to move them so you made them part of the photo! Nice work!

13. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Great shots Jeff. I didn't notice the garbage can in the first one either until I read John's post. I had to go back to see it was actually there. I was drawn in by the light poles as well. Very nice composition.

14. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

these are great Jeff!
    Your skills have really jumped!