A little too late?

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Sep 2, 2013.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I was a fan of this show coming to the Studios when it did as I watched American Idol each week. ; But, when the attraction opened, I stopped watching the show and we have only gone to the attraction once. ; I think they "missed the bus" on this one. ; No clue what they should put in its place should they choose to (Star Wars? ; ;)). ;

How many of you take in this attraction? ;
    [​IMG]
    A little too late? by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

2. thewuf

thewuf Member

I avoid it like the plague - never been, never will.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Never have, never will. ; I can't say I've ever been in that building under any guise. ; There's a whole big section of DHS I've not really seen, considering that building, the 'sounds dangerous' building, and the kiddie section next to Pixar place with the mermaid thing and the building with the cartoon show in it.

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I've never been either. But I've never watched the show.
    I've seen the playground Justin is talking about. It's next to a nice outdoor bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Never been.

I think the whole idea is good--put the audience in the show! ; But American Idol is so solo-performance driven that it doesn't allow for much participation. ; This is an exciting time as Disney moves to improve this park for the future.

6. Perhaps if they turned it into some sort of drinking game.... but then I don't drink... so no, not gonna see it.

~J

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Nope!

8. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I went once, because someone I knew was competing. ; He was the second best singer of the three that session, but the third best won simply because she was a teen girl. ; Never felt the need to return after that.

9. Paul

Paul Member

Went once when the Mrs. was one of the three, but haven't been since. Had lunch with the imagineer (architect) that oversaw the makeover to Idol. ; I think it is time for an over makeover.

Would love to see something like the Horror Makeup show like they have at Universal.

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I know it is a small sample, but maybe I should send my "findings" to Disney and they will get to work on something new. ; 3 out of 9 went once, and 6 out of 9 went never. ;

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Have been once or twice only because the group I was with wanted to see it once. ; Was even part of the cheering crowd they show as part of the "broadcast". ; Would I go again? ; Probably not, unless someone I knew was competing.

Sent from my iPad

12. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I'm sure top men are working on plans for that area. ; TOP MEN.

13. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

If they're still trying to be a 'studio' park, how about a CGI/Special Effects demo/show? ; They could demonstrate motion capture, display miniatures and 3D models, show computer graphic overlays, wire-stunt work, etc. ; People could actually don the capture dots and 'be a creature' that they pick out - buy the video and take it home (ooh, money!).

14. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

In a way Justin they already do this. At Innoventions in Disneyland where you can suit up as Ironman. ; They didn't think about selling videos though.

But the studios days are long gone. ;

15. Sad, but true. ; I do like Justn's FX idea though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free