An-Ti-Ci-Pa-Tion...is making me wait...for my A6000

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by zackiedawg, Mar 21, 2014.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

To add to my permanent status of waiting for new gear (My Tamron 150-600mm lens has been on preorder since early January, and likely won't be in my hands until late summer), I also decided to go ahead and pre-order the Sony A6000 to replace my NEX-5N. ; All hype seems so far to be getting confirmed as real, the camera looks fast and solid and a nice upgrade. ; I unloaded some old unused camera gear for $250 or so, and used that towards the A6000 at $649 body only, so net out of pocket is only $400.

Unfortunately it's not coming out in the U.S. until April 20, and hopefully I'm not too deep on the waiting list, so should have it sometime in the week or two after. ; Now, the anticipation is on like Ketchup!

Oh - as an aside...I guess I should mention I picked up a new RX10 large-sensor zoom camera last Sunday for 50% off at my local Sony store which is closing and having blowout sales. ; 90% off all accessories - grabbed some SD cards, screen protectors, etc for cheap cheap! ; Didn't really NEED an RX10, but it's a $1300 camera for $650...how could I not buy it!? ; It's going to my stepfather as his travel cam...after I play with it a little bit. ; ;)

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I am thinking about the a6000 as well. ; Unless I jump ship to one of the m4/3 cameras. ; Those lenses are awesome and at great prices. ;