Announcing Pixelmania 2k10 (FINALLY)!

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, May 20, 2010.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

It must be something about setting up the tripod near photopass photographers. ; At EPCOT that night I was set up between two photopass photographers waiting for a clear shot.

2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I think ddindy hit the nail on the head....

I've seen guests with point-and-shoots on tripods get approached by other guests asking if they were photopass. ; I guess in my guests minds tripod = photopass

But, how can you mistake them. ; Photopass has distinctive vests with clear markings. ; Now, if we as part of our Pixelmania event were giving out khaki vests instead of t-shirts I could see how there would be confusion.

3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

It's not just the tripod. ; I think anyone with a dSLR has at some point been mistaken for a Photopass photograper.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Not even DSLR, but DSLR-Like... ; Although the Photopass Guys and Gals do make great blockers if you set up just behind them and a little to the left or right (then shoot over their shoulder). ; The crowd parts for them and didn't run into my tripod once.

5. grumpythis

grumpythis Member

we are there nov28 dec09 post when and where we will find you

6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Watch this post and category - the schedule is still being finalized, so when it is, you can check!

7. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

A few years ago I had my point and shoot with my tripod, and in one location, the people sticking Photopass cards at me were almost nonstop. ; I changed locations after a little while, and that was funnier. ; People would look at me, look at where my camera was pointed, and seemed to decide they didn't want their photo with that background. ; LOL ; After that, they usually asked me where the nearest bathroom was...

8. ddindy

Southwest is having a big fare sale Sep. 29 & 30. ; I just rebooked my flight and saved $22!

9. ddindy

Just a thought for Pixelmania 2k11: ; Anyone interested in moving to October? ; We could do MNSSHP, F&W and not worry about scheduling around other fan meets.

And Columbus Day is a holiday for some of us.

10. gary

gary Member

i have no objection to moving to late october, columbus day would not work for me as i attend a big 4 day dirt stock car event each year on that weekend

11. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

I'd love an October schedule - far fewer conflicts on the schedule, though I don't have Columbus Day off. :)

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

The only thing that I can think of that might cause an issue is that Tim normally comes down over the NJ teachers convention weekend so that might have something to do with moving the dates around. ; Otherwise, I have no problem moving it to the end of October. ; It might be interesting to do something a little different.

13. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

sounds feasible for me... ; we can look into it.

14. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Sounds good to me. ; This far in advance should have no problem with the work schedule.

15. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'd probably be OK...though it might get a little harder to book around Food & Wine as the hotels sell out sooner, and DVC books maximum in advance - so us DVCers need 100% maximum notice. ; As a nominal aside that doesn't mean too much, but just to throw it out there - it is a higher cost DVC month too...versus December 1-15 which is the cheapest category. ; Oh...and it could still be very hot too.

My only possible conflict is that I always take a cruise near the end of October/beginning of November, so if it fell too far at the end of October, I might have to waive off.

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

My only "caveats" with October are that I have to book vacation in November each year (so as much advance notice is appreciated) but could try and fineagle a 5 day. ; The other is the possible temps (october 09 was unbearable). ; As for the DVC aspect, I have no points until Dec 2012 due to a family trip this spring. ; So while I prefer December, October is not the worst. ; Of course, we probably should make it through PM2K10 first.

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

17. mSummers

mSummers Member

October would be awesome, but I can't go next year. ; I have two trips planned, so I don't have enough vacation[nb]Can't wait until I pick up that 3rd week in 2011[/nb]. ; I am going to be at WDW next year over Columbus Day Weekend to see MNSSHP, but that is a family trip, so I probably wouldn't be able to attend any Pixelmania events if it was held that weekend.

18. Paul

Paul Member

October would be out for me, too many marching band competitions, cross country meets, etc. ; Besides the last time I was down there in October it was hotter than heck!

19. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

It's been VERY nice down here so far this month. ; Low humidity, mid 80's at best during the day, and mid 50's to 60's at best at night.

20. gary

gary Member

that'll change, guaranteed, karen and i will be there 10/20-10/24, last time we were there in october, 2006, same week, it set records for hot, mid 90's every day, i remember playing at fantasia course at 9pm, it was still 88, plus very humid.