AP at WDW now mandatory on MyMagic+

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Roger, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Apparently that is so, however:

1)you will still need to bring your AP in to obtain discounts and
    2)they haven't added/fixed adding a credit card to the band if you are not a current hotel guest so you will still need to bring payment with you in the park

But other than that you will need to band up! Or have an RFID card

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

From personal experience, an RFID AP will work fine for both park entry and FP+. ; Use a credit card or cash for spending and get a card for resort entry, and you have no need for a band. ; That's the way I roll, anyway.

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

I had the opposite experience last year at Pixelmania. ; I specifically requested an RFID card when checking in to Pop Century and was told by a manager that "they were no longer available, you must use the Magic Band." ; Fast forward a couple of days to when I locked myself out of my room and what did they give me to allow me back into my room? ; You guessed it, a RFID Key to the World card.

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

We used an RFID card in sept 2013. That worked fine. I would definitely prefer that over a magic band.

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

At the resorts, apparently it depends on the training level of who you talk to. ; I shared a room with a friend in December. ; He arrived before me and was told he could not get both a MagicBand and a card. ; I checked in later and, when I requested a card, was told I could have both.

Maybe they will get it all figured out before they roll out the next technological nightmare.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I just got my Magic band as a AP holder, and although it was nice, I still have to carry a card with me to get my discount and free parking. Plus, I still need to carry my ID to prove I am the proper card holder. I might as well keep my AP RFID card, in my wallet and just carry that with me. Hopefully they won't go exclusively to this band.

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

They won't as long as they require day guests to buy a band.

If you ever see tickets go to all
    Band they will have a problem.

/honestly doubt they will. ADA would have a problem with it.