bit the FF bullet

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by HW, Mar 7, 2014.

1. HW

HW Member

D610 on the way. now gotta save for a good FF lens. my 600 f4 will of course work with it and I have a tamron 70-300 that will also. have a 35 f1.8 dx too that I can shoot in dx mode or just not shoot tight and crop out the dark corners. also have an old Nikon 70-210
    next is the 24-70 f2.8 or maybe the 28-300 but a ways off. only so much green

2. HW

HW Member

first shot with it using the nifty fifty. ISO 6400
    [​IMG]
    ISO6400 by LW_NJ, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I'm confused, didn't you try FX before and didn't like it? ; You getting the 800mm f/5.6 to make up for the loss of crop factor? ; :D

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the big-boy club!

5. HW

HW Member

Scott a few years back I had a D3s with the 200-400 F4. I did like the camera but with the 200-400 it was useless for birding so I got rid of them and went to the 600F4. I will use the D610 with the 600 at conowingo where tons of reach is not always needed and at Forsythe also. I do have a 1.4 tele too I can put on the 600 to make up for the loss of the crop factor. I didn't like the D800. yea I know I am nuts
    the 800 5.6 is not in my lifetime. I tried Brian's and all I can say is wow. amazing lens. focuses fast and sharp. he is getting the D4s now so that should be a killer combo.
    I don't see the d7100 in your sig. you get rid of it??

6. HW

HW Member

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Sweet...don't be afraid to let the ISO creep up on the 610 either.

No, still have the D7100 and use it at every Crunch game. ; Hope to get out to Montezuma Wildlife Refuge once the weather around here decides to change to Spring mode. ; Been stuck in Winter mode since early November.

I here rumors Nikon will be releasing the D7200 later this year. ; Will be interesting to see if it incorporates more "Pro" features as the D400 seems more and more likely never to be released.

Will update my signature, too. ; :)

8. HW

HW Member

Scott
    several things I noticed right off the bat. better color. lower noise of course. pics are much sharper. only need a touch of sharpening and even though the D7100 has a newer focusing system the D610 locks on fast

took this with the D610 and bargain lens that Brian found out about. a Nikon 28-80 f3.3- f5.6g. can be found on ebay for around $60 bucks. no NR applied and just a touch of sharpening and I mean a touch. Ken Rockwell loves it
    exif is 1/250 @f6.3 ISO 800 Raw converted to jpeg

[​IMG]
    Remo2 by LW_NJ, on Flickr