blue hour at my childhood happy place

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by gary, Jan 26, 2012.

1. gary

gary Member

a couple from the blue hour the other day, taken at west creek, new suffolk, ny, i spent many hours of my youth here on this water, the houses across the water belong to a little summer community called kimogenor point.my great uncle had a cottage on the water right behind me in the second photo and just up the creek about 500 feet. my paternal grandmother's brother. he and i for some reason really got along well,even well into my rebellious teen years, he passed when i was 22, and i still think of that old sea captain and the hours we spent together on those waters. my love of boats and the desire to spend my time fishing instead of working are directly caused by time with uncle henry. ; i could swim, diving right off that sandbar into deeper water, fish, clam in the creek behind me, etc. these are warm happy memories of a simpler time, no one had passed yet, so family gatherings were loud, all day affairs on the water. 2 views of the sand bar/beach

[​IMG]">

[​IMG]">

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice Gary. ; Good story to go with the shots as well! ; Thanks for sharing.