Cars Nomination

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by CameraGirl, Jan 23, 2007.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Pixar's Cars gets Oscar Nomination
    Jan 23, 2007

The Academy Award nomination for best "Animated Feature Film" of the year includes Pixar's 'Cars.' The Disney film will be competing with 'Happy Feet' and 'Monster House' in this category. 'Cars' also garnered a Oscar nomination for "Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures" (original song.)

'Cars' recently won the Golden Globe for best Animated Film. Most noteworthy was the lack of a nod to Disney during John Lasseter's acceptance speech.

2. Treelo

Treelo Member

Yay Pixar! ; Happy Feet will probably give them a run for their money, though. ; From all I've heard, that one lived up to the expectations for a movie with that kind of all-star cast... and it had a wider appeal with the non-car-freak set. I know the GGs are usually a pretty good indicator of what's going to win an Oscar, but there have been upsets before.

I'm not really surprised at the lack of nod to Disney at the GGs. ; Cars was already in the works before the purchase/merger, so this was contract work, regardless of the fact that by the time the movie was released they were a combined house. ; The work was Pixar work *shrug*