cass railfan weekend 2011

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by gary, May 24, 2011.

1. gary

gary Member

i finally got to attend a railfan weekend, that of the cass scenic railway, cass wv, below is one of my meager offerings from the friday night water tank photo shoot. [​IMG]

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nice job Gary! ; I wonder if I can find one of these by me down here in Florida.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Not meager, but excellent! ; Nice one Gary!

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Gary!

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

I finally started editing my shots from the weekend. ; Here's another shot at the C&O Water Tank from a little earlier in the evening:

[​IMG]

6. gary

gary Member

the 3 engine train race, trying a little b&w conversion here, using instructions straight from kelby, lightroom 3 book

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Awesome!!!! ; Like that black and white look!

8. gary

gary Member

and then there was this, this is one of about 5 murals on this expedition, i'm guessing this owner is a serious fan of the western maryland

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]

the hood

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]

9. gary

gary Member

and shay #4, quietly at rest, light steam, waiting assignment for tonight's photo shoot

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice B&W! ; That was the first time I have seen that Ford and I have to say that I was impressed. ; The airbrush work was incredible.

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

Here's a shot from the first runbys Saturday morning at the Spruce S-Curve. ; The site of the former lumber mill town of Spruce is about a 1/4 mile up the track to the right. ; Shay #11 is parked on a new siding that will be used as part of the Castaway Caboose program where they take you up the mountain during the afternoon on the regular train, leave you in the caboose overnight and pick you up on the next day's train. ; Cass has been renting caboose stays on top of Bald Knob for a couple of years and starting this year, they will also be able to let people stay on this siding:

[​IMG]

Shay #5 is the only locomotive in the current roster that is original to the line. ; She has been hauling trees and now tourists faithfully for 106 years.

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

More excellent shots guys! ; Love em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Paul

Paul Member

Nice job Gary and mike, never get tired of these railroad shots

14. gary

gary Member

shay #11 at the coal pile, these steam train photos seem more powerful in b&w, i think it shows the utility of them more, and here you can clearly see why they have such tremendous tractive effort, the gears that drive every wheel on every truck are visible

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Gary, I love that shot! ; You are right about the black and white, stunning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Outstanding

17. gary

gary Member

thanks everyone, i'm just starting to venture into b&w conversions, here's another photo runby

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]

18. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nicely done sir!

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great work Gary!

20. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Gary!