cass railfan weekend 2011

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by gary, May 24, 2011.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

Here's one from the Bald Knob Wye:

[​IMG]

And one more from the night shoot at the water tank:

[​IMG]

#11 is sitting on the former logging mainline which connected to the C&O mainline that Big Six is sitting on just out of the frame to the right. ; The boiler house in the background once supplied power to the mill and the entire town of Cass. ; The drive line for the belt driven equipment in the mill is visible just in front of Big Six. ; After two fires in the 1970's, all that's left are the foundations and twisted metal.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I love the look of the straight on shot Michael!

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks John!

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Here's three more from Sunday morning. ; Out of the 4 railfan events I've attended, I've seen this runby take place about 15 times and this is the only time I've seen it occur in full sun:

[​IMG]

Engineer Gary Cassell leans out the window of Shay #4 at the end of the three train race:

[​IMG]

Shay #4 pulling the log train through the Sugar Grove S-Curve just below Whittaker:

[​IMG]

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice! ; I really like all 3, the first one with all three is just stunning. ; The second one is a nice close up and the third one is great seeing the bend in the train!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. HW

HW Member

terrific shots Michael

7. Paul

Paul Member

Yes, very nice!

8. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Outstanding!

9. Zeagle

Zeagle Member