Castle circa 2002

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Roger, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

A shot of the castle after they took down the garish 45th Anniv. Signs.

[​IMG]
    Film, yes film. I believe those little points of light are what they call "noise" or "grain"

Yes, they did something similar with the 50th, but it wasn't as bad as the 45th or MK's cake.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

What this? This wasn't *that* bad, was it? ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Roger

Oh yes, the cake was bad. At least the Epcot wand wasn't as bad, but it was reaching for the same level as the cake.

4. goofy101

goofy101 Member

Totally Agree, that cake was BAD!

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

I absolutely agree... the cake sucked!

6. mPower

mPower Member

Sorry, I have to disagree Roger. The Wand wasn't anything like the cake. The wand was an addition, that to purists, hung around too long. The cake was a fundamental alteration of a landmark!

7. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

While you guys are on this,

how do y'all feel about the addition of the addition of the hat to MGM/DHS?

8. Roger

I said it was reaching the level of the cake. I didn't mind it when it was "2000" and Epcot was the center of that celebration. (Bring back the parade!) But it hung around too long.

9. Roger

It's probably okay in my book since that park wasn't really on my list of Top 4 U.S. Disney Parks to Photograph after April 1998â„¢ (or it's followup Top 5 U.S. Disney Parks to Photograph after February 2001â„¢), but with 14mm(9mm APS equiv), you can get the theater without the hat.

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

I like the Earful Tower as the park icon. But, the tower is kind of out of the way, so from that standpoint creating a new focal point was appropriate. And like Roger said, you can still get a shot of the theater without the hat.

11. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Adults may not like that stuff - (cake icing etc.), but a lot of the kids really enjoyed it!