Cat wasn't cooperating, so here's my son.

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Roger, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

The cat thing is a joke about the #1 subject photographed when someone has a new toy to try.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Roger, he looks so thrilled to be the subject of this photo! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Welcome to our side of the fence Roger ;)
    Looks different to see DSC_ under one of your photos!!

4. Dan

Dan Member

The thing is, I LIKE cat pictures. I'd take more of my cat if she wasn't so old and inactive. There's only so many pictures you can take of a cat sleeping in a cat bed.

5. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

mac + Nikon = a perfect world.

6. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Now I can "borrow" lenses from Roger the next time I see him at a Disney park...LOL

7. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I find it funny that your son was not the first choice for you subject your cat was and you settled for your son because the cat wouldn't cooperating.

8. Roger

My son isn't usually photogenic; and also if I'm trying out a new camera for the first time it's usually at night after the kids were in bed. Friday ended up being a half day at work, and my son was off school.

9. Craig

Hey Roger,
    How's the first days with the new camera working?
    Hopefully good!

10. Roger

Uhh it's sitting in the cabinet. I decided against the glass I got with it, so I'm ordering another tomorrow and returning the one I have. At the end of the week I'll be buying the rest...I hope. Can't decide still!

11. mPower

mPower Member

Roger,

Select the 'Adobe' color space on the camera (Think more VIVID thoughts!), then not only will Craig be impressed you have DSC shots, he'll be ultra impressed that you have '_DSC' shots! ;)

(don't ask me, it's Nikon's naming convention!)

12. Roger

Re: Cat finally cooperates.

Finally. A cat. (Actually I wanted a sunset, but something about 98% cloud cover foiled me)

Tokina 12-24, ISO 1600, f/4, 1/13 sec. Processed in A2. I need to give Bibble another try - I'm starting to see where people actually do use different RAW converters depending on what the subject is. I guess firing up Capture NX too wouldn't hurt.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

13. Dan

Dan Member

Canon isn't that different. We get "_MG" instead of "IMG" as the start of the name.

Oh, and also..

Yay, a cat!

14. Craig

I've never tried adobe color space. Not one shot. I'll have to see how it looks!

15. mPower

mPower Member

Not sure if it is available on the D80...I'm almost positive it isn't there on my D70.

16. Craig

its there, but the manual said to only use adobe if you are going to post-process, which I dont like to do. I switch all the time from color 1 to color 3, but I always jump right over adobe.

17. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

On the D70, Adobe sRGB is under Optimize and it's Color Mode II. I use Mode Ia for people and IIIa for everything else.

yeah, what Craig said ;D