Cold weather closes parks and cancels shows.

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Northern Sorcerer Mickey, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Blizzard Beach and Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show closed today and tomorrow due to cold weather

Temp at 9am on Thursday Feb 5 - 2ºC

2. my aunt just left the -35 here to return to Orlando - only to have to bundle up her flowers, yet again...

3. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Yep is was cold they are expecting a hard freeze tonight. On the plus side all the rides were walk on the last few days.

4. realfam

realfam Member

The forecast was for cold weather and today was suppose to be the coldest. ; Tuesday was high 50's , low 60's and we still saw people on the slides at Blizzard Beach (crazy nuts) as we drove by. ; I can totally see them closing some attractions. ; Hopefully they don't lose to many flower over night. ; I wonder if they cover up the flower on cold nights.

5. amw

amw Member

Just got back from that cold ... weather made a turn as we were leaving. It's supposed to be in the 80s all next week :mad:. I'll comment more on my trip report, but it was 29F on Thursday morn. Yes, the luaus were cancelled, and it was too cold for the lifeguards to be on duty so all the pool slides were shut.

As for the flowers, a lot did die. Disney tried to cover them with with cloth at Downtown Disney and MK on Wed/Thurs but I think it was way too cold.

6. We were there and it was cold.... That Thursday we wore sweaters as well as our winter coats when we went back to Hollywood Studios for their extra hours. My husband, who tried to be brave and wear shorts during the day, gave up and put pants and a jacket on! lol
    It was kinda funny because all the fast pass machines were acting up because of the cold too! Oh well.. the lines were VERY short and we enjoyed it being not busy! ; and.... back home it was -30 celsius...

7. realfam

realfam Member

-30 at home... OMG what part of Ontario are you from.. it can't be the GTA

8. scratch

scratch Member

It's becoming the "norm" to expect cold weather in FLA during the winter months!

But I would rather be freezing it off in WDW than here!LOL

9. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

A little late with a response, but wow, that is chilly for WDW. ; I can only imagine how disappointed guests are if that was their first trip. ; But like you said scratch, better to be there than here where the winter drags on forever.