"Collector" Alert! B&H has a used 50mm f/1.0L

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Tim, May 18, 2010.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

While perusing the used glass at B&H, I saw that they have a 50mm f/1.0L for sale. ; This RARE lens has the largest maximum aperture ever made by Canon. ; I rented one last year and you can virtually shoot in available darkness with it. ; CLICK HERE to check it out. ; $3,800. ;

If you have been seeking this lens, I would jump all over it since they don't pop up very often. ;

2. Dan

Dan Member

Huh.. look at that.. they did the AF mode and focus zone switch a little differently than I'm used to. ; One switch and three settings instead of two switches. ; Nice.

Wish my lenses had that.. I'm forever trying to remember whether the af/mf switch is the one on the left or the one on the right. ; In the dark, where I can't even see the switches and have to feel for them.

I wouldn't even know what to do with a lens like this. ; Okay, sure, I like the narrow dof and blurred background at 1.8, but.. I have a feeling 1.0 would be a whole other ballgame.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Well, dan, pony up and you can do whatever you want with it. ; ;)

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well you can shoot black bats in an unlit cave at midnight with no flash. ; Or maybe photograph some action shots of black-clad ninjas on a moonless night running through the woods throwing suriken.