Conowingo 2014

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by mSummers, Nov 8, 2015.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

Since I'm headed to the dam next weekend I guess better post the photos from last year. These were taken during two trips in December. Activity was light both days, but good shots were available. I struggled some with the gear I was using. The 200-400 f4 becomes a 400-800 f8 when used with a 2x teleconverter. Since the D700 was designed to focus with lenses up to f5.6, it struggled to focus when tracking fast moving eagles causing many missed shots. Despite all that, I'm happy with what I got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fishing:
    [​IMG]

One juvenile trying to steal a fish from another:
    [​IMG]

Early morning at the fishing pier. This was a weekday so the crowds were light:
    [​IMG]

A pre-dawn panorama of the dam. Its too bad that we don't build these types of structures as beautifully as we used to:
    [​IMG]

2. gary

gary Member

and don't forget fellow pixel maniacs, conowingo 2015 takes place next weekend 11/14/15, meet starts 0615 at the wawa in darlington maryland. here's to sunny skies, lots of eagles and a full 3 hour run on the turbines.

and that juvenile fight over a fish is an excellent shot, i probably would have cropped in even tighter, since i feel all the shot is the 2 birds, not really any background to be concerned with. but that's my personal preference

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks! I think I tried cropping but to get it down to where it's just the two birds resulted in poor image quality. Such is the struggle of having a "short" lens at the dam.

4. gary

gary Member

Time adjustment to eaglemania for 11/14/15, wawa meet time is now 0530