Could it be true?

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by PolynesianMedic, Jun 14, 2013.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

That would be a huge project and possibly something that would rival Harry Potter if done well. ; I'd like to see Disney pull that off, but at the same time I would hate to loose the Streets of America, Osbourne Lights and Muppets. ; I guess I'll be spending some serious photography time back there in September.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Well Disney already hinted at something when they made MK more expensive. This makes sense although think about the park during construction. Most of the park would be gone for years. With Cars land it was mostly a parking lot before. ; Minimal downtime to other park areas. They would need to focus on one area at a time and open in stages.

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Good point. ; Assuming they're planning to take out Streets of America and Muppets for Star Wars, that should get built first since it would leave LMA in place to handle crowds until the new land opens. ; However, Cars Land will probably get built first since the details & anamatronics are already designed, requiring only the layout of the land to be changed to fit in the space allotted at DHS.

They could save Streets of America and Muppets if they installed something similar to Hogwarts Express to take guests across the entrance road to the open land just east of the Muppets/Star Tours area. ; Wouldn't it be cool to fly through space to get to Star Wars Land?

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

After what Universal is doing with the Hogwarts Express, you're right. ; They need something to make the land more immersive. What they need is to make the Starspeeder 3000s part of it.

I reread the comments. Interesting thought from one. What if they expand the park on the west side of World Dr? ; Look at where Star Tours is now. Put a transit system that starts there and goes out the back of the building and follows the south entrance road. Where does it go? ; Minimal ground infrastructure would be needed there. Less if they close the south entrance. I don't know the condition of the soil on the west side so I can't figure if it is feasible.

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I am all for this (assuming it is true, but I do believe this one). ; I love Muppets, yet would give that up pretty quick for a Star Wars Land. ;

The idea of the "train ride" to the land would be awesome!

I dont think that they will do anything with Streets of America, the Osbourne Lights is a HUGE draw for the Studios, even if for only just under 2 months, but everything else is probably fair game.

I just hope they give the attention to detail that is needed (which I do have good confidence with).

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

If they're tossing a lot of the 'studio' type theming that the place was originally designed for (ie: the tour, the backlot, etc), then the most obvious area for me to be overhauled would be the huge chunk of space right in the center of the park that is very little used/needed - American Idol, the Sounds Dangerous building, Commissary, and the space used for Character greets behind it. ; That would allow a big chunk of the expansion for Star Wars land without needing to use as much additional land, and really fill in the park space better as AI is a dying show and can't have too much more life left at DHS, the Sounds Dangerous building is closed half the year, and the commissary is superfluous given the other, better eating spaces in the park.

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

All interesting points, I would be ok with Muppets going away, but I do agree that they can't do anything with Streets of America because there would be no other place to put Osbourne that would make sense.