DHS - Mulch Sweat n' Shears

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by ddindy, Sep 10, 2015.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Here's the thread that will rock your face right off your face!

2. ddindy

In honor of Labor Day week, here are some of everyone's favorite "laborers."

[​IMG]
    Working at playing

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

This thread needs a little Morris:

[​IMG]

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Well, so much for the occurrence of any Mulch Meet... Just saw this on their Facebook page...[​IMG]

5. zackiedawg

Craptastic. Wow. First Epcot kills off all worthwhile entertainment - and now just about the only reason I even bothered to go to DHS is going away.

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Essentially it seems that our DHS day is now only going to be Osborne Lights. If it wasn't for the fact that the lights are leaving, it wouldn't be worth it to go unless you already paid for a park hopper or have an annual pass.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Here are some shots I took with my phone today. I want to thank my daughter for carving 30 minutes into our busy schedule to make a show! It was too much fun and very sad at the same time. I am just glad that I had a chance to see it one more time and thank Jim for all the fun and memories.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. zackiedawg

Well I was even more disappointed! Went on Friday to see the band, since it would probably be the last time I'd get to see them - and apparently Morris pulled a Bruce Jenner and was now going by 'Mia Mulch'.

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I believe that Jim is only there Sun-Thursday.... I'm don't think I've ever been there when Mia was there, would have been fun to see the difference in band and crowd energy.

10. ddindy

Mia's pretty good, but she's no Morris. ;) Her act is pretty much the same but with a few modifications to allow for the differences in gender and CM.

11. zackiedawg

12. ddindy

As you probably gathered from the shirt thread, I was able to watch several shows during their next-to-last week on the job. I'm posting several of them this week.

Starting off with a group photo.

[​IMG]
    Morris and his family

One of my favorite Morris gags is where he grabs a guest's phone and makes them a very special video.

[​IMG]
    Smile, Hedge

13. ddindy

My September/October trip was thankfully devoid of those annoying South American tour groups (though a large percentage of the conversations I overheard were in foreign languages). One tour group that stood out was comprised of Buddhist monks heading towards the Indiana Jones stunt show. Later in the day, while watching Mulch, Sweat n' Shears, Morris stopped mid-schtick and said "Sorry, I'm distracted. I have to be in that picture." With that, he and the entire band ran down the Streets of America and asked permission to join in the monks' group photo. This is why we love Mulch.

[​IMG]
    Hey, hey, we're the monks

As the days wound down, Mia Mulch sported this amazingly appropriate set of mouse ears.

[​IMG]
    Mulch Sweat n' Ears

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That shot with the monks is great! You are right, that is one of the MANY reasons we loved them!!

15. ddindy

Morris and Mia manage the band, so there must be a band to manage. Here are some shots of the band.

The Hedge and Axe on guitars.

[​IMG]
    String section

Buzz on keyboards.

[​IMG]
    Keeper of the keys

And Sticks keeping the guys in sync.

[​IMG]
    Beat it!

16. ddindy

Thanks, John. Since they performed right on the streets, they were able to work with the crowd much more than Off Kilter and the British Invasion/Revolution. That's part of what made it so fun - you never knew what might happen.

17. zackiedawg

Gotta throw in my Morris composite shots here:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A consummate showman!

18. ddindy

Once again Mia Mulch uncovered world-famous cowbell player Miss Cling Clang in the crowd. This time, she was even in disguise. (Actually, it was Dapper Day at DHS.)

[​IMG]
    A cling and a clang

19. ddindy

20. zackiedawg