Disney 50th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Sean&Karen, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Just incase anyone wanted to know (seen a post on WB) the 50th Anniversary will end sometime during November 2006. It started May 5th 2005 and since November 5th is a Sunday i would it expect it to end then!

2. disneyfreak

disneyfreak Member

I emailed Disney and they said that it will actually end at the end of September so that they can start the Halloween celebrations. ; As I look deeper, it looks like this may only apply to Disneyland???

I've read many a magazine on it lasting 18 months, which should have meant an end in November as you said. ; I am not sure what to believe. ; it seems strange that it would be advertised to last 18 months and end in 17th. ; Also, cannot figure out why they would end it in September for the Halloween celebration when they also said that the Halloween celebration starts in September. ; ; It does appear that WDW halloween celebration starts in September but WDL starts at the end of october. ; Why would this be? ; Doesn't make sense to me. ; Does it to you??

Anyway you can verify this? very confused and frustrated with the conflicting information as i was trying to sneak in a trip to WDL at the end of october before the 50th was scheduled/supposed to end. ; Should they not end the celebration at the same time for all parks...wouldn't that make the most sense? ;

3. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

you edited your post so i didn't see you changed it. Sorry or i would of posted this sooner!

Talking with my "Disney Insider" and the 50th Celebration will end In September.

4. disneyfreak

disneyfreak Member

I emailed Disney and told them that i was very disappointed that they falsly advertised their celebration to be 18 months. ; Here was their response:

Thank you for your continued correspondence with the Disneyland Resort.

We apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the exact timing of our 50th Anniversary celebration
    end date. Please remember that The Happiest Homecoming on Earth will end in late September 2006, and
    is subject to change, so that we can prepare the Resort for Halloween, followed by the popular
    holiday season. Additionally, we are busy creating another exciting new program that we plan to
    announce soon and hope will surprise and delight you during your future visits. Please be assured
    that it is never our intention to inconvenience our Guests and we take your comments very seriously.
    Your remarks have been forwarded to the necessary leadership team so they are aware of your
    feedback.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed in that they assist us in
    evaluating our operation and our success in generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will
    have the opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort soon and that our attractions and entertainment
    will delight you in every way.