Disneyland - parades

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by ddindy, Aug 4, 2016.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Like Walt Disney World, Disneyland has parades during the day and the night. Post those photos here.

2. ddindy

I was skeptical when I first saw videos of the Paint The Night parade. But seeing it in person makes all the difference. I think it's now my favorite Disney parade. Photos just don't do it justice (but that won't keep me from posting them).

[​IMG]
    Paint the Night Away

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

It looks awesome. MSEP has nothing (but nostalgia) on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I hate that I won't get to see it other than video... Unless the powers that be decide to bring back by popular demand (it was announced that like the nighttime show it too is getting replaced on September 5th)...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. ddindy

Sounds like a Labor Day trip is in order.

6. ddindy

I read a rumor that Paint The Night will be back this summer, but probably not until after I re-visit in May. But at least I saw it twice last visit. Here's the Rapunzel car on the Princess Train.

[​IMG]
    Letting Her Hair Down

7. ddindy

Watch out, Slink! Don't put your foot down there. Ooooh, that's gonna hurt.

[​IMG]
    Just Slinkin' Along

Evad and Chernabog1940 like this.
  8. ddindy

LIke the Main Street Electrical Parade, Paint The Night had a group of fairies clearing the way for Tinker Bell. I read somewhere that these are called the Fiber Fairies.

[​IMG]
    Fiber Fairies

Chernabog1940 likes this.
  9. ddindy

Another in my Parade Fairies series: Rosetta stops by to say Hello in the special Fairy way.

[​IMG]
    A Fairy's Kiss

One of the cool things about Paint the Night is that some of the walking characters had lights to brighten their faces.

10. ddindy

It's the first day of summer, which is Olaf's favorite season. He's came out to Paint The Night in celebration.

[​IMG]
    Summertime!

11. ddindy

The good news is that Paint The Night is coming back. The bad news is it's just moving across the street to DCA. At least someone will be able to enjoy it once again.

[​IMG]
    Flowers Under the Sea

12. gary

gary Member

unfortunately i am beginning to wonder if we will ever see any night time parade/pageantry at wdw again

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

I'm thinking they will add one eventually, probably in time for the 50th, hopefully sooner.

14. ddindy

I'm not sure if this is an official parade or just a fun way to get the characters out. Mickey and Minnie lead the Disneyland Band down Main Street to Town Square. Following the band were Chip, Dale, Donald, Goofy and Pluto.

[​IMG]
    Follow the Mouse

15. ddindy

They say that food is better on a stick. What about fairies? No jokes about Pixie Stix, please.

[​IMG]
    Tink on a Stick

16. ddindy

Are they two-legged cars or dancing jukeboxes? You decide.

[​IMG]
    Dancing Cars

17. ddindy

Behave yourself, or the Fiber Fairy will whip you into shape.

[​IMG]
    Light Therapy

18. ddindy

The Dove Dancers accompany the Princess float in the Paint the Night parade. The float features Belle, Cinderella and Rapunzel.

[​IMG]
    Light-Hearted

19. ddindy

Another sea flower strolls by during Paint The Night.

[​IMG]
    Pretty Flower

20. gary

gary Member

so these are great, but a bit bittersweet to me, it's been awhile now and i neither see or hear of a nighttime parade returning to florida