Disneyland Thanksgiving weekend pics!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by missjillian, Nov 26, 2007.

1. missjillian

missjillian Member

Just got back from Disneyland last night and had a BLAST! I'm going to put up a couple on here, and then a friend of mine is just going to make a slideshow on my own site for you all to see them. I didn't take a tripod, I have 2 kids and believe me, there's enough to carry with all of their stuff!! But, I took close to 2oo shots at the park of everything I could. I wanted to take more, but, with my 2 lil ones, it's really hard to experiment on rides when I have to pay attention to the kids. In fact, the first dip on Pirates/Caribean scared my 2 year old so bad, she literally wet her pants! But, she was clapping with the music by the end! Enjoy my pics!!!

Ok, so the only pic I REALLY HAD to get was the castle with lights! It was GORGEOUS and they let me go beyond the ropes (roped off for fireworks) where no people were in front of me to get some shots. I took as many as I could before they would tell me to move. I took couple different angles, but it was getting late and our whole family was getting tired of me taking pics all day..lol.

[​IMG]

more pics to come!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. missjillian

missjillian Member

oh, and if the quality doesn't seem that great, its cause I lower it so the files are huge! :)

3. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Beautiful!

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Yes, like the other shots of Sleeping Beauty Castle here this holiday season, beautiful.

Too bad it doesn't snow in Florida, only in SoCal...hahahah! (I mean it'll snow for an extra fee in FL, but I meant on the castle)

5. missjillian

missjillian Member

I know there will be a billion shots of castle on here, this was just a personal goal of mine. I've always wanted the perfect night castle shot, and can never get it. It's always too dark. So, this shot had actually became a goal whether it was decorated or not,,lol. Oh, and in a bit, ill post a pic showing it does snow in anaheim,,lol. We got a PERFECT spot for parade. Only problem was, it was sitting only in our spot and so, I couldn't stand to get shots more eye level. So, ALaddin,jasmine, and genie were in their own car for parade,, genie kept stopping,,, poor jasmine and aladin kept flyin forward laughing of course to make it seem funny. But, I'm sure they got annoyed,,lol. Genie saw me with camera with kids,, he stopped pointed at me and threw TON of fake snow on us. I got the shot of it flyin on us,, turned out soooooooooooo cool! So, give me a min,, i'll get that pic up :)

6. missjillian

missjillian Member

Ok,, here's the parade pic of Genie throwing fake snow on me and kids..LOVE this shot! I think this is one of my favorites!

[​IMG]

7. Roger

Yes that is a very cute shot!

8. missjillian

missjillian Member

To be a princess!!

This is at the Princess Fantasy Fair! My daughter loved it, they teach them how to dance, courtsey, and bow (for the boys). The princesses came out too and it was really cute. My daughter in this shot is in the pink shirt. I have more pics of the princesses from this too. Again, most of my shots I will make into slideshow, but, its just taking me time to get them done.

[​IMG]

9. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

That is a great photo of the castle. This December at WDW I will be doing the same thing. I am going to take my tripod into MK to get a photo of the castle with the lights just so I can enlarge it and hang during the holidays!

10. missjillian

missjillian Member

Thank you all for your compliments! Here's another view of the castle too in a min. I took quite a few of day/night shots. Little of everything.

11. missjillian

missjillian Member

Off to the side view of castle. I purposely wanted the castle to be darker with the lights contrasted brighter.

[​IMG]

12. missjillian

missjillian Member

Here's from inside Space Mountain. I didn't take any on ride itself, but, this is waiting to get on.

[​IMG]

13. Roger

ooooh. I haven't been on it since they rebuilt it.

14. missjillian

missjillian Member

Princess Fantasy Fair

[​IMG]

15. missjillian

missjillian Member

The Enchanted movie opened this weekend, so this is how they started out the Christmas Fantasy Parade.I know there are lots of bright spots on faces, but where we were sitting, the sun was in this weird spot. So, even with fill flash on a few, some still didn't turn out right.

[​IMG]

16. missjillian

missjillian Member

oops almost posted small world of same shot twice,,lol

17. missjillian

missjillian Member

Here's a shot of Small World ready for Christmas at night!!

[​IMG]

18. missjillian

missjillian Member

Small world side view:
    (If I'm posting too many pics, someone just let me know,,I'm kinda getting carried away,,lol) ;D

[​IMG]

19. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the great photo's MissJillian! I love it!

20. missjillian

missjillian Member

You're welcome! I had to take a break to get my kiddos lunch, and now I can post a couple more. They are still recovering from their big weekend! In fact, I couldn't get my 5 year old up for school, and my almost 2 year old slept in till 9:30am (which they are normally up at crack of dawn!).