Disney's Hollywood Studios - The American Idol Experience - Getting Ready

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Sheila Gallant-Halloran, Nov 22, 2008.

1. The Idol show times board has been installed in front of the theater, a sure sign that things are getting very close to soft openings!

2. scratch

scratch Member

I read somewhere February 5, 2009.

3. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Yep. ; I posted this glitch about the AI attraction earlier in this thread.

Yeesh, if all of the Canadians and UK residents continue to flock to WDW, as more and more Americans stay home, there very well may be NO ONE on that stage! ; ;D

I bet my house that this attraction will be up and down in record time.

4. Disney Offers 'Idol' Experience In Lake Buena Vista

"American Idol" aficionados can emulate Kelly Clarkson and others who used the TV show as a path to stardom with the opening Feb. 12 of an attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park in Lake Buena Vista.

Disney promises "all the glitz and glamour" of the distinctive "American Idol" set in a production designed to re-create the lively tension and expectations of the TV show's "Search for a Superstar" that debuted in 2002.

The attraction will enable Disney guests to experience the challenge of auditioning, performing onstage in competition or judging performances in a live interactive entertainment setting.
    Guests will be able to audition with a Hollywood Studios producer to be cast in a theme park show. Those selected will get backstage preparation including working with a vocal coach and getting makeup and hair preparation.

Guest performers with the highest votes will compete in an end-of-day grand finale whose winner will be guaranteed a reservation for a regional stadium audition for the "American Idol" TV show.

"Disney's new attraction perfectly captures what we at 'American Idol' feel is the heart and soul of this brand, real people getting a shot to make their dream a reality," Simon Fuller, the creator of "American idol," says in a written announcement.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28425291/

5. Insiders say that a soft-opening sneak preview of the American Idol Experience could actually begin sometime as early as the second week of January. It also seems a good bet that when the soft-opening preview tests start, it may only be one or two shows a day while they work into it with a live crowd. It kind of makes me wonder if the contestants will really be chosen from park guests for these, or pre-planned.

6. Source: USA Today http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destinat ... idol_N.htm

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — An attraction inspired by the American Idol TV show offically opens at Disney's Hollywood Studios Feb. 14.

Walt Disney World guests can register to audition in front of a Disney casting director for a chance to take part in the theme park show. Contestants who make the cut must then audition for a Disney producer. Those selected by producers will perform in front of an onstage panel of judges and an audience of park guests who vote on each show's winners.

Performing guests with the highest votes compete in an end-of-day grand finale show at the attraction. The winner of that competition gets a guaranteed reservation, with no waiting in long lines, for a future regional audition for the real American Idol TV show.

7. Source: Screamscape.com

The American Idol Experience - (1/7/09) While the LA Times http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/american-idol-disney-3748/ has done their own write up about the American Idol Experience an insider has tipped us off to some other rules of the competition. First off, if you’re a Disney Cast Member, a Fox employee or the immediate family of one, you are not even allowed to audition for the show once the previews are over and it officially opens. So not only can’t you win, you can’t even try out. As I recall, there were similar rules in place for Millionare as well.
    ; Soft preview shows have already started at random, but are expected to begin on a more regular schedule starting tomorrow. During these preview shows, they wont be giving out any of the Dream Tickets which allow the winners to jump to the front of the line at a true Idol audition. From the sound of things the show will officially open on January 26th, though the official grand opening event is set for February 14th.
    ; Once it opens, the final show each day will feature all the winners from the day’s previous shows chosen from audience votes. In the final show the winner with the most audience votes will get a Dream Ticket. From what I’ve been told, the first Dream Ticket will be given out in the final show on January 26th.

8. Information on the American Idol Experience attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios over the last week and we thought we would share it in one large post. Below is the complete list of songs that will be available to contestants. Keep in mind the attraction opens officially on February 14th, 2009, but is currently holding soft previews daily:

Songs Contestants Can Sing in the Show:

Disney Songs

; ; * Best of Both Worlds (Hannah Montana)
    ; ; * Bet On It (High School Musical 2)
    ; ; * Breaking Free (High School Musical)
    ; ; * Circle of Life (The Lion King)
    ; ; * Colors of the Wind (Pocohontas)
    ; ; * Ever Ever After (Enchanted)
    ; ; * Go The Distance (Hercules)
    ; ; * Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid)
    ; ; * Play My Music (Camp Rock)
    ; ; * Reflection (Mulan)
    ; ; * Rock Star (Hannah Montana)
    ; ; * This Is Me (Camp Rock)
    ; ; * You’ll Be In My Heart (Tarzan)

Country

; ; * Achy Breaky Heart
    ; ; * All-American Girl
    ; ; * Amazed
    ; ; * Boot Scootin’ Boogie
    ; ; * Breathe
    ; ; * Do You Believe Me Now
    ; ; * How Do I Live (Without You)
    ; ; * I Hope You Dance
    ; ; * I Like It, I Love It
    ; ; * I Told You So
    ; ; * Independence Day
    ; ; * It’s Good to be Us
    ; ; * Life is a Highway
    ; ; * Lost
    ; ; * Man, I Feel Like A Woman
    ; ; * My Wish
    ; ; * Our Song
    ; ; * Sweet Home Alabama
    ; ; * This Kiss
    ; ; * Walkin’ After Midnight
    ; ; * What Hurts The Most

Disco

; ; * Dance Best of My Love
    ; ; * Fame
    ; ; * Hot Stuff
    ; ; * I Will Survive
    ; ; * Knock On Wood
    ; ; * Last Dance
    ; ; * Never Can Say Goodbye
    ; ; * Turn Your Love Around
    ; ; * You’re The First, The Last, My Everything

Latin

; ; * 1-2-3
    ; ; * Bailamos
    ; ; * Just Another Day
    ; ; * La Bamba
    ; ; * Smooth
    ; ; * Turn The Beat Around
    ; ; * Waiting for Tonight

Rock/Pop Up Tempo

; ; * Big Girls Don’t Cry
    ; ; * Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
    ; ; * Bohemian Rhapsody
    ; ; * Breakaway
    ; ; * Don’t Stop The Music
    ; ; * Express Yourself
    ; ; * Face Down
    ; ; * Footloose
    ; ; * Hit Me With Your Best Shot
    ; ; * I Can See Clearly Now
    ; ; * I Feel The Earth Move
    ; ; * I Wanna Dance With Somebody
    ; ; * If Everyone Cared
    ; ; * No One
    ; ; * Old Time Rock and Roll
    ; ; * Over You
    ; ; * Rock With You
    ; ; * Since U Been Gone
    ; ; * Somebody to Love
    ; ; * Suspicious Minds
    ; ; * Sway
    ; ; * The Great Escape
    ; ; * Walk Away
    ; ; * Walking On Sunshine
    ; ; * You Really Got Me Now
    ; ; * You’re My Best Friend

Rock/Pop Ballad

; ; * A Moment Like This
    ; ; * Alone
    ; ; * Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
    ; ; * Drops of Jupiter
    ; ; * Home
    ; ; * If It Makes You Happy
    ; ; * Iris
    ; ; * Just Once
    ; ; * Kiss From a Rose
    ; ; * Looks Like We Made It
    ; ; * Stand By Me
    ; ; * Unchained Melody
    ; ; * Walkin’ In Memphis
    ; ; * What a Wonderful World
    ; ; * Your Song

Motown

; ; * 100 Ways
    ; ; * Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
    ; ; * Ain’t Too Proud To Beg
    ; ; * For Once In My Life Meduim
    ; ; * Get Ready
    ; ; * I Heard It Through the Grapevine
    ; ; * I Want You Back
    ; ; * I Wish
    ; ; * I’ll Be There
    ; ; * Midnight Train to Georgia
    ; ; * New Attitude
    ; ; * Reach Out, I’ll Be There
    ; ; * RESPECT
    ; ; * Signed, Sealed, Delivered
    ; ; * Stop In The Name of Love
    ; ; * Superstition
    ; ; * Then Came You
    ; ; * Vision of Love
    ; ; * You Are The Sunshine of My Life
    ; ; * You Keep Me Hangin’ On
    ; ; * (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
    ; ; * You’re All I Need To Get By

9. Hopefuls line up for Disney's 'American Idol Experience'

By Brian Mansfield, Special for USA TODAY
    ORLANDO — Vanessa Quiallo got up at 5 a.m. Saturday to drive with her mother from St. Petersburg, Fla., for the grand opening of Walt Disney World's The American Idol Experience. The all-day trip turned out to be an efficient use of the Quiallos' time.
    The 16-year-old high-school sophomore beat out five other singers in a competition modeled after the American Idol television show. She won a Dream Ticket — a chance to sing before producers for the TV show at a future Idol audition.

A few hundred people lined up with Quiallo to audition for the new attraction. Through the day, 1,000 people filled the hall seven times for preliminary shows before a finale. "It's two attractions," says director Mark Renfrow. "The audition experience and the show experience."

The audition experience condenses the process of trying out for the TV show, taking would-be Idols from 30-second a cappella performances in front of "talent scouts" through various stages of preparation to a performance on a near-perfect replica of the Idol set. Contestants get instruction from vocal coaches and hair and makeup artists, as well as time in a Coca-Cola red lounge with iPods and headphones, so they can learn shortened arrangements of one of 113 popular songs to perform

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news ... main_n.htm