Evening Walk Through Downtown

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Jul 19, 2010.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

In June when I was up at Disney, I did my traditional first-evening routine, and headed over to Downtown Disney after checking into my room. ; We got up there around 4pm, and so once all checked in, took the Boardwalk boat to DHS, and the bus from there to Old Key West...then from Old Key West, the boat to Pleasure Island and the transfer to Marketplace. ; Got there in the sunset hour around 7:30, and decided to snap a few handheld walkaround shots as the evening progressed.

This is standing on the docks in front of Captain Jack's after dinner on the Rainforest patio:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good old World of Disney store:
    [​IMG]

Ghirardelli store...getting dusky now, so up to ISO400:
    [​IMG]

Walking across the lake, and looking back on Rainforest from where we came:
    [​IMG]

Fulton's entrance, all lit up (ISO400):
    [​IMG]

The always fun Raglan Road (ISO640):
    [​IMG]

Paradiso 37, in those great post-dusk skies (ISO800):
    [​IMG]

The West Side kiosk (ISO400):
    [​IMG]

Looking down the main drag at West Side (ISO400):
    [​IMG]

Wolfgang Puck's (ISO400):
    [​IMG]

House of Blues tower...had to push to ISO1000 to stay handheld:
    [​IMG]

House of Blues outside bar, from across the way (ISO800):
    [​IMG]

The first night I arrive, I often don't have my DSLR unpacked and charged, so I'm usually just traveling with my little ultracompact camera. ; Fortunately, this little slip of a camera is perfectly comfortable shooting in low light, so finally I can have a camera for fun, casual snaps day or night. ; These were all handheld, walking around - no tripods or posts to steady the camera. ; The image stabilization handles shutter speeds down to the 1/8 region pretty well, and the hand-held twilight mode 6-frame stacking renders solid detail and low noise at higher ISOs. ; All shots are out of the camera, resized. ; Comments, questions, critique always welcome. ; Hope you enjoyed a little first-night tour!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. HW

HW Member

I would never have known you used a p and s cam. Well done Justin. what sony may I ask ?

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

It's an itty bitty TX1. ; They've got newer versions than mine now, the TX5 and TX7...essentially the whole TX line is the same, with different features (TX7 has beefed up HD video, TX5 is waterproof). ; It's a fun, convenient little camera for when you don't want the big DSLR along.

4. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Nice series!