Going without children?

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by megara, May 8, 2014.

1. megara

megara Member

My SO and I were considering going to Disneyland in California this summer. However, the only time I've ever gone was with children! I don't know how it will be if it's just the two of us. Is that considered odd? Are there a lot of people who go without the kids? I love Disney and want to have a lot of fun but I'd like to know what people think about this.

Have you gone to a Disney Park just with adults?

2. Edware

Edware Member

Who cares what others think for something like that! If you want to go just go! Do what makes you happy and have fun!

3. firelily99

firelily99 Member

Yes, we are planning a trip without the two kids within the next year or so. We are planning on taking them with us this summer but SO and I really, really need some time to ourselves and to have some fun! Who cares if others think that it is odd for us to do this without them.

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Ditto what Edware and Firelily99 said. Don't worry about anyone else, just go and have fun.

To answer your question though, I know several couples who visit WDW or DL on a regular basis without kids. Several of the forum members, including myself have traveled to WDW for Pixelmania (annual photography meet hosted by The Magic in Pixels) solo or with spouses, so traveling to the parks without children is not uncommon.

5. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

Yes! I actually advise going to Disneyland with other adults. Actually have the experience for yourself than what's best for your children. It sounds terrible, but once in awhile, you should feel the magic that Disney brings to older adults, too! :)

My boyfriend and I have yet to go to Disneyland together (we're hoping to go on a Cruise first as our 'first time with Disney' experience) but when we go, I know that we'll have fun and perhaps spend some time in California Adventure's bar. Hehehe!

6. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

Hubby and I honeymooned at DisneyWorld. There were LOTS of people without kids

7. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

my wife and I have been going to WDW without children 2-3 times a year since 1994! I have never given it a second thought, other than thank goodness it is just us two and we can stay out as late as we want, stay at the pool as long as we want, go out to eat wherever we want.......you get the point!

ExploringWDW likes this.
  8. kinary

kinary Member

My aunt and uncle have gone every year by themselves for the last 15 years or so. My uncle likes rides but my aunt really enjoys restaurants and the different shops. She will also go on the non thrill rides. I think her favorite parks are Epcot and Animal Kingdom. They generally go for a week and stay on the property.

9. Floridian

Floridian Member

My husband and I went to Disney for our honeymoon. Epcot has always been my favorite, particularly the countries. We ate and drank our way through each country! I think I gained 9 pounds. But we had a blast.

10. TheGrey

TheGrey Member

I've gone without kids and plan on going in the future without kids. Some people think it's odd, but eh, you're not doing it to impress them. ;) My senior trip in high school consisted of me and a friend going to Disney. Since she'd never been we got pictures with all the characters and their autographs. Buzz Lightyear was a bit flirty though. :p

11. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Add me to the list - no kids, and have been hitting Disney as an adult since 1986 (before that, I wasn't an adult yet)...I go 4-5 times a year - with a variety mix of adult family, or sometimes just a friend, or sometimes solo. Disney is fantastic for any age group from 1 to 120, and any number of people from 1 to 120!

12. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Member

If Disney Land would be considered a romantic getaway for you and your signifcant other, I say go for it. Sounds like you would be fun adult friends to have!

13. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44 Member

Yep, it's just fine to go as an adult, even by yourself if you want. For the young at heart, like myself, who doesn't want to have to worry about anyone else, it's the ultimate place of fun and freedom. No cares, just enjoying the sights and sounds at your own pace. I sometimes wish I could stay there forever, watching the changes through the years and going on new stuff while still visiting the old favorites.

14. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

My boyfriend and I don't have kids and we go all the time! It's not weird at all. There's tons of stuff to do that kids probably wouldn't enjoy, and you don't have to worry as much. We took my younger cousins a few times, and while it's definitely fun to experience Disney with the kids, it's good to relax and not have to worry too :)