google NIK collection and the Contemporary

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Craig, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I am playing with the NIK collection I just got. this is an old photo from December 2006, I took with the Nikon D80. I was able to process this in about 60 seconds. it took me longer to find where the file was saved than making the HDR. I have always loved the NIK tools, and the collection looks like it really awesome, easy, and USEFUL! Christmas Trip 2006_346.JPG Christmas Trip 2006_346_HDR_3.jpg

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wow! Huge difference in the forground as well as the colors in the sky! Very nice Craig!

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Big shadow boost on that one! I always enjoy those types of tools...I have the Nik B&W plugin and Nik Color Effects plugins at the moment. I also have some of the Topaz plugins - Detail, Adjust, Denoise, Simplify. Not that I process often anyway - but sometimes these are fun just to do a quick one-click edit and see what comes out! I like the 'tonal contrast', 'pro contrast', and 'cross process' filters in the Nik plugin.

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I cant believe how accurately it pulled the colors out of the shadows

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Very nice, Craig, and sorry I missed this one so far back. I just started messing with the collection myself and it really is an amazing tool.