Got some new stuff for the NEX.....

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by lightslicer, Apr 17, 2014.

1. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

nope no lens- but have been searching for just the right things to round out my not so impressive kit that shall grow I am sure. Added to it the Gorilla Pod Focus and X-Ball head with an extra quick release....so can integrate the swivel head to the monopod and may even rig it to the tripod- so it can all be quick release and compatible- with both the canon and the sony :) 20% discount made it real sweet and didnt hurt as much.

Also invested in the peak design bundle for wrist and strap- got some neck and shoulder issues- and this one spoke to me because of the adaptability factor- and also being an artist who loves working in fiber to- this one allow for me to make some covers to go over it with small pockets.....for batteries and cards :) and remote....

My thoughts are to travel light-as I can- Now working on preliminary designs for beltpack for the lens my BIL is giving me next week and a quiver/holster for my tripod :) and or monopod- marry the two into a chaps kinda environment. I really dont want to "carry" a bag- and want to be as hands free when I am motoring as possible. Its all in the drawing board stages....I am so excited that good got lighter- just when I was ready to jump....but still want to keep my Canon SX40 in the mix.

Though by most standards I am not a serious shooter.....YET...lol

Now I need to go work on some earrings to pay for it all....and try and talk myself out of the "nexT thing on my list"

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Always fun to travel lightly and with some new toys. Enjoy!

3. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

It's all here!! The cuff is attached to the nex- the leash to the Canon. The release system allows switching them out pretty quickly. :) Both cameras are now suited up with release plates. :) Took the gorilla pod out to play with the birds. I will enjoy doing some shooting with a very low profile to see things from a different perspective than eye level. The ballX swivel head is easily removeable and fits well with the monopod - turning it in to a very versatile camera on a stick. Next month- the remote :) and the adapter for the Canon lenses my BIL is giving me this weekend. Now how far away is October? Hard as I try- I still need to find a book for dummies on fast lens- and all that other technical stuff- I will continue to try to learn- when it finally clicks- some day- you will hear the loudest- I GOT it= I finally GOT it- till then-till then I will press on with filtering it through slowly.

Peg in Pixels....