I Triple Dog Dare You!!!

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Dec 28, 2010.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Playing with my flash late Christmas Eve I took a picture of our fireplace. ; It is a must to have 24 hours of A Christmas Story on and I just noticed what scene I had captured on the tv. ; Never stick your tongue to a metal pole in winter!!

[attachimg=1]

Attached Files:

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I have to say I have never seen this holiday movie though I know it's a big hit. ; In other news, that is one nice Christmas spread for your family, John! ;

Which flash did you get?

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I got the Nikon SB 600. ; What a difference it can make. ; For 3 years I never took many pictures inside due to the pop up flash not being so great. ;

You have to see it sometime! ; Sadly, that is only half of the gifts, the other tree (our Disney one) is to the left of the tv, out of the picture. ; We really enjoy Christmas and always overspend!

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Is there any other way? ; Overspend that is. ; :D

That is the flash I use. ; I have a series of blog posts on AllEars about using it. ; I have got to post all those links in one location. ; Sounds like a good fill in post for the new year...stay tuned!

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Unlike certain Scrooge-like people (ahem, Scott), watching A Christmas Story is definitely a Christmas tradition for me. ; It makes me want to dig out and reread the books upon which the movie is based, In ; God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash and to a lesser extent ; Ferrari ; In The Bedroom. ; I also find it interesting that, although the story takes place in northwest Indiana, you can see Toronto streetcars in the background of the fight scene.

Anyway, excellent job of capturing the true spirit of Christmas.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

You'll shoot your eye out!

(from my htc incredible)

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Isn't the house it was filmed in located in Cincinnati? ; Obviously everything else could be filmed elsewhere.

Fa ra ra ra ra Ra ra ra ra!

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

8. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

It's a Major Award!
    Shucks, I wouldn't know that. It looks like a lamp.
    What is a lamp, you nincompoop? It's a Major Award. I won it!
    Damn, hell, you say won it?
    Yeah, mind power, Swede; mind power.

http://www.redriderleglamps.com/Store.cfm;jsessionid=8430dcfda9de521e3845TR?category=100324202230765104&position=1&CFID=2162601&CFTOKEN=53520656

With as much dignity as he could muster, the Old Man gathered up the sad remains of his shattered major award. Later that night, alone in the backyard, he buried it next to the garage. Now I could never be sure, but I thought that I heard the sound of "Taps" being played, gently.

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Its, eh, its ... ; smiling at me!

Tom, you have watched it many many time I see!

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I am no Scrooge! (Though A Christmas Carol (in many versions) is one of my favorite holiday movies).

Bah!

11. HW

HW Member

if you get a chance see it Scott.
    well worth it

12. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I remember seeing A Christmas Story in the theater when it originally came out. ; It quickly became my dad's favorite Christmas movie and we had it on video tape for years and watched it ever year over and over.

When the movie came out, many of my peers would call me Ralphie because they claimed I looked just like the actor, Peter Billingsley. ; But that was better than when they called me Messy Marvin which was a character the same actor played on TV prior to that for Hershey's Chocolate Syrup commercials

13. Tim

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Is that in your house Tim?

15. Tim

osborne lights, my friend. ; san francisco street. ; right above funeral parlor.

16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Too funny since I was standing there for 10 minutes, even found the purple cat at the funeral parlor. ; It just goes to show that there is always something to see that you may not have noticed before!

17. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Okay...found it. ; This post has all my links to the flash articles using a Nikon SB-600: Flash is Our Friend

Oh, and don't forget, you have the Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS) built in to your camera and this speedlight. ;

18. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks so much! ; Oh, the the CLS is just one more thing I need to learn!

19. ELinder

ELinder Member

I drive my family nuts with this movie around the holidays. If it were up to me, the tv would be on the whole time the marathon was showing it.

The exterior scenes were shot in Cleveland. The store window and parade were in downtown. When I was growing up, we went downtown Christmas shopping, and the opening scene display window was a must see. Also, the exteriors of the house (interiors were on a set) were also shot in Cleveland. In fact, the house is on the same street as my parents' house, although it's discontinuous. The industrial area just barely visible in their backyard over the fence interrupts the street. The house has also been bought and restored to it's movie state, interior and exterior. See www.achristmasstoryhouse.com

Erich

20. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

We always watch 24 hours of Christmas Story!
    The house is in Cleveland, its been bought and turned into a "museum" and shop.

my favorite quote:
    "sons of bitches, BUMPISSES"