LE HOOK AVAILABLE AGAIN

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by gary, Nov 15, 2013.

1. gary

gary Member

TIM, PIN THIS AT THE TOP

i didn't want to post until i actually had tested the buying links and delivery, just received 2 brand new shiny small lehooks today, these are the absolute best for hooking a black rapid strap, or a lot of other straps to you camera body. they have a positive lock mechanism, and they are properly called rigging hoooks. our very own mike summers showed us these, and for the last couple of years i have been regularly trying to find a source, well they are being sold by a site in zurich, switzerland, payment is via paypal, you don't receive any email acknowledgement about shipping or anything, which after about 6 days has me starting to wonder if i just lost my money, and lo and behold, a notice shows up in my rural mailbox that i have a registered parcel to sign for and the mailman missed me and i can go on down to my post office and sign for it. so i do and it's a priority envelope from zurich and inside are exactly the 2 i ordered

http://www.lehook.co.uk/

now this is good gear news indeed, the product is sold through the above uk site, but is shipped from a precision knife machine shop out of zurich, they have some very cool edged weapons for sale

http://www.klotzli.com

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Maybe I'm not just not figuring out their site, but all I see are a bunch of items that Disney Security won't let you in with...unless you're good at hiding it on your person.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

4. gary

gary Member

i just realized and posted a correct buying link, klotzli is apparently the machinist, cool stuff though

oh roger, that is just too much, that would go so well with my tactical harness camera rig i built from stuff from gall's

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Ah, once I figured out that Gary's link to www.lehook.co.uk was actually pointing to the Klotzli site and just typed in the le hook link, I got there.

So the big question is, which size do you recommend? ; I think my primary use would be to connect my R strap to my L bracket.

6. gary

gary Member

wel i got the k-cady, and the k-50, the cady is really small and it's for some flashlight ideas i have, the k-50 is the perfect size for my lumix gh3, i'd get the next size up at least the k-66 for a dslr

klotzli.com was all over the outside of the package. and it was originally mailed by swisspost. and i received exactly what i payed for via paypal. so order on up folks, these things are good gear

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

I use the K-50 for the DSLR. ; Looks like the price came down a little from the last time they were available. ; I think I paid about $25 each for them.

On my Black Rapid, I use it to hook to the left side camera strap attachment point. ; Not sure what size you'd need if you want to hook it to the L Bracket

8. gary

gary Member

i just went back on and ordered a k66 and a k88 just to have one for heavier duty bodies and lenses and to have a spare

9. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Thanks Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    These are perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Thanks for the info. I ordered a K66 for DH who has run off with my Nikon d90 and desperately wants to use a hand strap as well as a black rapid strap. This will free up the bottom of the camera for the hand strap attachment point.

Now if only I could get that D90 back.....

~Joanie