Life in Florida is great

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Craig, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

here is one of the reasons why I only get north of Tampa/Orlando once every several years. This is while taking out the trash.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

WOW

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I'll second that....WOW ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Those colors are Fantasmic!

5. goofy101

goofy101 Member

Thats one hell of a shot

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I love Summer in Florida. The sky is getting it's pretty colors again!
    Here is the same tree this year.

[attachment=1]

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

7. scpergj

scpergj Member

Isn't living in Paradise grand!

Granted, I'm a bit north of you (suburban Jacksonville), but it's still the same...

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

AWESOME shot Craig! I saw a show on the Discovery channel and it was actually about the Sahara Desert. The show was discussing the fact that the reason Southern Florida has such amazing sunsets is because of the dust/sand blown into the air from the desert. The show was also saying that the beaches in the Caribbean are actually replenished with the sand from the Sahara. Just thought you might find this as interesting as I did.

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Great stuff...I'm totally with you on that one, brother! East coast or west coast doesn't much matter - it's paradise no matter which side you're on. And I'm always doing the same thing...shooting sunsets and skies and trees right in my yard whenever they really stand out. Here's a front yard shot I took:

[​IMG]

Here's my patio deck light just after a storm while the sun was setting:

[​IMG]

A quickie sky shot from the backyard I noticed while I was BBQing some steaks:

[​IMG]

Of course, occasionally we have to contend with these skies too...this was standing under my awning in the backyard:

[​IMG]

In fact, the skies are so beautiful sometimes, you don't even need any skill to get a good shot of it. Driving home from work, I head east, so the sun sets at my back. Sometimes, the colors are so lovely that I just stick my ultra-compact camera through the open sunroof and press the shutter blind towards the rear of the car...and still can get scenes like this at 50mph without looking:

[​IMG]

I guess we shouldn't give away too much about how good it is down here, Craig...it's growing fast enough already!

10. Kiki

Kiki Member

And people wonder why I never complain about the bugs, heat, and humidity! With sights like these surrounding you every day, who cares!

11. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Sure keep talking about it. Maybe I can get my wife to read this thread and finally agree to move down there. I would be so happy to be 20 minutes away from the parks!

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I must admit, I am envious of you guys. ;D Great shots by all. I have some shots like these, but they were taken when I was 100 - 150 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico on a boat.