MagicMeets 2009 Recap

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Well, MagicMeets 2009 has come and gone and 2009 was a huge success for The Magic in Pixels. ; The breakout session was a HUGE success and the photo contest presentation was a lot of fun. ; Thanks to everyone who helped TMIP have such a nice presence and helped make the day so memorable.

If anyone has any photos to share or wants to wax poetic about the day, this will be the place to do it! ; The few photos that I took will be coming soon...

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I am so glad to hear that you did well. ; I can't wait to hear and see all about it.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Sounds like a great time. ; Too bad I can't make it to that meet, but then again, I do have WDW in my backyard, so I guess I can't complain. ; Hope Pixelmania is every bit as fun and successful, and then some!

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'll add my two cents worth: ; It was a lot of fun. ; I was really surprised at the long line for Tim's breakout session. ; The people at my table who attended said they really learned a lot. ; Well done, Tim.

If you weren't there, I hope you were able to listen to part of it on WDW Today. ; If not, I'm sure they'll have highlights of the live podcast available for download later this month.

I'll browse through the shots that I took to see if any are worth posting.

5. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Dennis,

I heard you interviewed on the live WDW Today stream. ; I listened from 11AM EST until the end

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I have photographic proof, too.

BTW, Ray, missed having you there this year. ; See you at PM!

7. Paul

Paul Member

I heard there was going to be a big announcement during MagicMeets, was it the fact that next years event will be at Sea?

8. Tim

i imagine that was it!

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Did I read that right? ; Next year they are doing the meet at sea? ;

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Yes, that is correct. ; Also, according to Fred, the allotment of staterooms was already spoken for before the end of MagicMeets on Saturday was at 60% as of Sunday night. ; I'm sure a waiting list will be used once filled if any staterooms become available between then and July, 2010. ; Not sure when the MagicMeets website will be updated with this information.

11. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I didn't sound like an idiot, did I? ; I hope those interviews make it into the downloadable version so I can hear them myself.

12. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Don't know how you sounded, Dennis, but you looked good doing it.

[​IMG]

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The TMIP table and crew (Gary & Tim)

[​IMG]

14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Tim Devine's Photography 101 Breakout Session. ; These are a bit noisy since I was shooting from the back of the room way beyond my speedlight's capability. ; Can clean them up if you need any of these Tim.

Tim addressing a room full of MM attendees wanting to learn from the master.
    [​IMG]

Tim going over a familiar setting.
    [​IMG]

Tim emphasizing a point.
    [​IMG]

The all important how to hold a camera demonstration.
    [​IMG]

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Tim presenting the finalists of the MagicMeets photo competition. ; If you look closely, you can see the Pixielmania band pass Tim is sporting.

And Billy helped.
    [​IMG]

Tim, if you have the names of the photographers, I'll add them to this post. ; Also, if you could add the image of the photo itself, that would be cool.

3rd Place.
    [​IMG]

2nd Place.
    [​IMG]

Tim and Fred building the suspense.
    [​IMG]

Tim announcing the winning photograph.
    [​IMG]

Fred Block looks on as one of his MagicMeets volunteers wins the contest.
    [​IMG]

16. Tim

scott, those are some wonderful photos of a most memorable day. ; thanks for sharing and thanks for your help during the breakout room. ; great seeing you again.

17. Paul

Paul Member

Excellent turnout Tim, hopefully a majority of those folks join up to the site and attend Pixelmania. ; Thanks for sharing those shots Scott.

18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Always a pleasure to help out, Tim. ; I know standing in front of a room full of "mostly" strangers can be hard to do. ; You're getting better at with each presentation.

Thanks, Paul. ; I know it's hard for Tim to get photos of himself in action. Unless he gets one of those new cameras that search for his face. ; :D

19. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

From a blimp that follows him. ; ;D

20. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I had my facts wrong about the MM 2010 @ Sea. ; Fred reported Sunday night that 60% of the cabins were booked so plenty left for those interested.

Other information: The cruise is on the Royal Caribbean ship, Grandeur of the Seas, and leaves Ft. Lauderdale for Key West and Cozumel. Leaves port on Thursday, July 22nd, and returns on Monday, July 26th. ; Why it's not DCL, simple, they got better pricing from RC.