Maybe I worry too Much!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by daisy, Jun 13, 2006.

1. daisy

daisy Member

We're taking my daughter to Florida at the end of July/ early Auguust.

I'm starting to get paranoid about hurricanes. ; Should I be worried?

THanks
    Chrissie

2. Treelo

Treelo Member

Are you staying on-site at Disney? ; By all accounts I've read, on the rare occasions when WDW has been hit, they've really gone above and beyond to make things as easy as possible for their guests.

Unless a hurricane hits directly (and they I don't think the eye goes right across the middle of the state too often... altough I admit I haven't paid that much attention most years), as long as you're prepared for the possibility of a wet week, you'll probably be fine. ; And remember... these folks are well versed in how to prepare for and get through hurricanes, you can probably trust them to let you know what you need to do, and to ensure your visit is a safe one!

3. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I completely agree with Treelo..........

I remember reading a review from someone who had been at Disney a few years ago when there was a hurricane, and other than a massive amount of rain, there were no other problems.

4. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I think it would be ok. ; Like everyone else, I haven't heard of Hurricanes hitting WDW. ; Could you imagine how much clean up there would be? ; I say take your daughter and have a great time. ; Stay on site. ; It was the first time we stayed on site and I will never go back. ; It was great!

5. daisy

daisy Member

Thanks for all your help!

That's what I've kinda thought... i assumed if they hit Disney you would hear about hoe much everything had been destroyed and I've never heard anything like that.

We will be staying on site for the first week and then meeting up with my paretns at a house they are renting (not far away) they will have my daughter for the first week.

We stayed on site last time and i can't say that i thought it was the greatest... the perks were great and the cloesness was great but we stayed at a value resort and I will never do that again... we're staying at the coronado this time
    thanks again
    Chrissie

6. Treelo

Treelo Member

Yeah... I've heard the value resorts leave a lot to be desired.... but I've heard great things about Coronado Springs (just be prepared for a lot of walking... apparently it sprawls) :)