Mid Atlantic Air Museum's WWII Weekend

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by jbwolffiv, Sep 7, 2014.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Here is the first alert for this great airshow next June in Reading, PA. The dates are Friday June 5th-Sunday June 7th. I have been going on Saturday and Sunday of the weekend as that is when all the planes fly during the show. Friday all that happens is the planes that take people for rides go up every hour or so but do not do the number of passes that occur during the show. I would expect to be there Saturday and Sunday again this year but some of you wanted advance warning. I will do another warning in a few months.

http://maam.org/maamwwii.html

2. ELinder

ELinder Member

I hope the guys from the Yankee Air Museum do a better job on the flybys than they did in Cleveland. All three days they basically did straight and level passes right above the runway. No real banked photo passes, and you had to look almost straight up at them as they went by.

Erich

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I know that the past two years most of the aircraft (but not all) would come in at an angle to the showline and then bank toward the show at the right time. I am not sure how many of the planes ar from the Yankee Air Museum, but I do know that some were.

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I can make it up this year.

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Thanks, John. I've put it on my calendar.