MK - Fireworks Shows (Current and Past)

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Chernabog1940 likes this.
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Scottwdw and Chernabog1940 like this.
  3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Chernabog1940 and Scottwdw like this.
  4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Chernabog1940 and jbwolffiv like this.
  5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

An oldie - 2007 Wishes:
    [​IMG]

jbwolffiv and Chernabog1940 like this.
  6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

7. zackiedawg

I became trapped trying to get out of the park before Happily Ever After started, but got frozen in completely unmoving crowd, and was forced to stay there and watch. So I took a few handheld shots of the show, with people in the shot and all, and with nothing but my 18-55mm kit lens on at the time:
    [​IMG]

8. zackiedawg

9. zackiedawg

10. zackiedawg

11. zackiedawg

12. zackiedawg

13. zackiedawg

One more from the boat headed to Wilderness Lodge:
    [​IMG]

14. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'm not sure what I did differently when I processed my shots from Happily Ever After, but I kind of like the result. Anyone else have an opinion?

[​IMG]
    Cooling Fans

jbwolffiv and gary like this.
  15. ddindy

It looks like there's a bit of a westerly breeze tonight.

[​IMG]
    West Wind

16. ddindy

The white flares on the castle remind me of Dr. Suess' character The Lorax. But that's a whole different theme park.

[​IMG]
    Aging Gracefully

17. ddindy

18. ddindy

Shooting from the southeastern quadrant of the hub, the fan lines up perfectly behind the castle.

[​IMG]
    Dead Center

19. gary

gary Member

so this year many of us went back to the old standby, lovingly known as pixelmania point, established our claim and held the ground against more than just a couple of infiltration attempts. i got some ok shots, had to crop all of them, during processing i finally got wise and batch cropped, which usually works since all the shots were from the non moved tripod, with a prime lens so no focal changes. i'm mostly happy with the lightroom preset, this one i made a few years ago, it's one of 3 i have, fireworks basic, fireworks hallowishes, and fireworks illuminations. unlike a lot of my walt disney world specific presets, many of which i had to tweak this year, some a lot, some a little, since many were made when i was shooting the r3 and r4 bodies. the A1 seems to process color a little truer to what i remember the scene as, so i had to adjust, particularly exposure for many. dennis, did you tweak your camera settings or a preset at all??

[​IMG]

20. ddindy

@gary I use Photoshop Elements, so I have no experience with presets. For the most recent batch of fireworks photos I opened the each photo in the stripped-down version of Camera Raw that comes with Elements and click Auto to let the program make its best guess at a perfect exposure. That usually results in a gross overexposure at night, which I manually correct, but everything else looks halfway decent. I tweak as necessary If needed, I also adjust the color temperature - I find that something around 3000+/-500 looks good to my eye.