mountain dew tour at killington

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by gary, Jan 22, 2011.

1. gary

gary Member

one of the womens tour competitors, grabbing some air. i'm starting to process todays events, the womens and mens half pipe finals, and the semifinals of the free ski slopestyle. 22 foot walls on the pipe today, the men were grabbing some big air. cold, about 14F but sunny with little wind, so not too bad, battery held up all day. gretchen blieler and kelly clark were competing
    [​IMG]

2. gary

gary Member

hucking some big air

facing downhill to my left, sometimes the riders were grabbing air right in front of me

Attached Files:

3. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Pretty cool stuff- I love the visible snow flying with the guy in the second shot.

4. gary

gary Member

thanks jeff, i was about half way up the pipe, so sometimes a rider would be right in my face

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]

5. gary

gary Member

and we shouldn't forget the freeski slopestyle competitors, and yeah, that's about a 100 foot elevation on that jump, after getting air from the ramp on the right in the second shot

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Really nice captures Gary! ; I really like the snowboarder in your face!

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Gary! ; I really like the 3rd shot.

8. gary

gary Member

thanks, the in my face shots were hard, timing has to be perfect, focusing has to hit it right away, and they have to pop the lip pretty much right in front of where you are standing, below is not one i would show on any technical merit, just gives an idea of the shooting conditions, my lens choices were 24-105 and 70-300, i chose the 70-300, giving away the close and wide, but getting more of the full pipe length to shoot, that's louie vito, us 2010 vancouver olympic competitor
    ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]

another competitor making the crowd ooh and aah
    ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; [​IMG]
    ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

9. HW

HW Member

#2 and 3 are my favs Gary. nice shots