New Body!

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Tim, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I just got my shipping notification that my brand new Sony a7R4 will be in my grubby hands on Monday afternoon!

Most of you know that I’ve been a Canon shooter for many, many years but dabbled with Sony mirrorless back in the days of the NEX-6 and a6000.

Coming with the camera is the 50 mm F/1.8, Metabones 5 adapter, & a remote strobe trigger.

Once I make some more money by doing photography jobs I hope to be able to start getting into the grandmaster series of lenses. With that said, are there any hidden gems that I need to look very closely at?

Nancy AK likes this.
  2. gary

gary Member

sony fe 24-105 f4 g, sony fe 12-24 f4 g, sony 24mm f1.4 GM, sony 135 mm f1.8 GM, sony 85mm f1.8 g, sony 28mm f2 g, samyang 40mm f2

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

The first two lenses on that list will probably be the first two that I go after.

That said, very early returns with the metabones5 have been favorable. Is much faster than I had expected it to be.

4. gary

gary Member

i will have the samyang 40 with me at pixel mania, it is much better than the $400 price tag would lead one to believe,