News from Burbank this morning :(

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Roger, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Original Source: Stultus Nuntius/Transmit Reuters:

Burbank, CA : ; Sources from the Walt Disney Company (DIS) announced this morning that they have sold all theme park interests to the Universal Parks and Resorts, owner of Universal Studios (a division of NBC Kabletown Xfinity Comcast). ; Disney would retain a licensing interest in the parks, and Universal would be free to use any and all Disney properties to develop new attractions. ; Speaking at a Press Conference, Disney Chairperson and outgoing CEO Bob Iger said “Over fifteen years ago the company did an analysis that said if gas prices remained over $3 a gallon for a length of time, it would be more profitable for the company to divest itself of the theme parks and instead collect licensing revenues. ; While we did not follow their advice the first time gas prices went over that amount, we did not forget about that report. ; Unfortunately, the theme parks are the weakest division in the company, earning only a small fraction of the revenues with a very narrow profit margin compared to our other divisions. ; So we felt that the time was right to divest the theme park properties. ; We wished we could have announced this at our shareholder meeting a few weeks ago, but due to negotiations that were not completed until last night, this deal wasn’t done.â€Â

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Wow that is some interesting news! ; ;)

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I knew it! ; And now I'm stuck with annual passes and DVC (I guess now, UVC?). ; Damn you, Harry Potter!

5. Never fear! I have it on good authority that this is a prank. Everybody knows Disney was sold to Busch Gardens. Well played sir... well played...

~Joanie

6. Heck yeah! ; Clydesdale barns at Epcot! ; Woo hoo! ; :D

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Food & Wine Festival becomes Food & Beer festival.