OFFICIAL MOUSEFEST 2008 RANDY HOLBROOK CONTEST THREAD

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

It's funny how the second paparazzi shot just doesn't look right ...

something's missing ;)

Great shots Tim~

So many distinct photographic styles...

very cool 8)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

OK...I feel I have to defend my photographic style before anyone thinks I shoot one-handed all the time, or only have one hand. I was carrying in the other hand a camera bag, and TWO tripods! Part of the reason I was missing so many shots was that I was looking back constantly to find Mike, so I could unload his tripod back on him, throw my camera bag over my shoulder, and my tripod under my arm, and shoot two-handed like a normal DSLR user. :)

Good candids Tim...boy, we are photo geeks, aren't we!?

3. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

:) Zackie, I noticed on you the both eyes open method~

I tend to do that when I am waiting for something in motion to come into the shot.

4. zackiedawg

That I definitely do! I'm so used to doing that while shooting my bird photography that it has become second nature. I couldn't spend 30 minutes staring at a heron waiting for him to plunge his head into the water for a passing fish one-eye-closed and looking through the viewfinder! Takes some getting used to though having each eye focusing on a completely different distance and scene and tracking them both at the same time.

5. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

6. Kiki

Kiki Member

For all of the folks who have submitted or are going to submit photos to the contest, there are some new images that I just updated on Randy's store to choose from for the grand prize. Check 'em out: www.cafepress.com/randyholbrook

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

there is some SERIOUS artwork in randy's shop. i am impressed.

8. Cool! These look like shirts my Dad or Uncle would be into!

9. Tim

just a reminder, if you haven't done so, to be sure to get your entries in as time is running out.

10. Kiki

Kiki Member

Last call for photo submissions! The contest officially closes tomorrow the 15th!

11. zackiedawg

Tim...I can't reach my friend Mike at the moment as he is out of town. I know he was taking alot of shots for the Off Kilter stuff, and posted a few good ones to his website that would be worthy entries. In lieu of e-mailing them since I don't have the originals and he's out of town, I'm posting them here. No big deal if that doesn't make the cut for the contest...I just thought they at least deserved a look!

Here are two of Mike's better shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll probably talk to him Fri or Sat - so I can relay any messages to him. Sorry for the unofficial method of entry - if it's a problem, don't worry about it!

12. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

If anyone's still updating the numbered group pic at the start of this thread, here's another ID: #20 is Marc, known as disneymarc or marcmantoo on various boards.

I'm #8.

"I am not a number - I am a free man!" RIP Patrick McGoohan

13. Kiki

Kiki Member

We have a winner!!! Tim's gonna make the announcement...can't wait! Anytime now...soon...today even...the winner will be announced!

14. Tim

I would like to announce that the grand prize winner of the Randy Holbrook Contest, as selected by Randy and Kiki is....
    MAINSTREET1997

Here is her winning image:
    [​IMG]

Everyone who enters is a winner however, as each entrant will get an image posted on RandyHolbrook.com. Kiki will contact you with what she needs from each of you to get your image onto the site. Thanks to everyone for playing, hope you had fun. Congrats to Katie!

15. Kiki

Kiki Member

Yes, everyone that entered was a winner and will be featured in a special gallery that will be posted, hopefully, by the end of next week or so. I will post a link when it's up.

I have to say, though, that Katie's photos were uniquely different and had that extra "something" that made them stand out.

Great job, Katie! Well done indeed!

16. Paul

Paul Member

Congrats Katie, that is a nice close shot!

17. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Well done, Katie. Fantastic shot!

18. *still running around like a chicken with its head cut off in excitement* Thanks guys!

19. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Wow, congrats Katie!

20. goofmick

goofmick Member