ospreys

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by HW, Apr 9, 2011.

1. HW

HW Member

took the first one with a borrowed nikon 600mm f5.6 lens. manual focus and had to use fstop ring on lens. heavy lens and built like a tank
    taken at 600mm 5.6 on the d7000

Attached Files:

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great shots!

3. HW

HW Member

thanks John

honey I'm home

Attached Files:

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

With all that light, f/5.6 is not an issue. ; How'd you like 900mm? ; You're going to have to save your nickels for one of those babies.

5. HW

HW Member

900mm is great. manual focus is tough getting used too at extreme tele. it took me a few tries to get it right. ; I didn't try any inflight with it as I think that would be real tough as the focusing is so critical. ; Yes 5.6 is great. I usually shoot the tamron at f8 or 9 to keep it sharp so 5.6 is nice as I can lower the ISO.
    Used the lens still goes for 1500. it was 3k new when it came out years ago. the thing is really solid

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/600f56.htm

6. HW

HW Member

today

Attached Files:

7. HW

HW Member

hunting for fish

Attached Files:

8. HW

HW Member

these two need to get a room. this is almost every day

Attached Files:

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

He's just making sure, Howie. ; Its those selfish genes in him that keep it going.

10. HW

HW Member

2 more from today

Attached Files:

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

The second one looks like he's found the soylent green he was looking for!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wish I had the time to get down there!

13. HW

HW Member

they are not going anywhere. goslings are showing up now and a skimmer was spotted. the skimmers usually don't show up till mid May

14. HW

HW Member

John if you go here and click on latest bird count you can see what the bird counters have posted.

also people that see birds fill out a log in the visitors center of which ones and where and you can read it in the center

http://www.fws.gov/northeast/forsythe/

15. HW

HW Member

hey stupid. I said put that stick over here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

• HEY.jpg
      HEY.jpg
      File size:
      235.3 KB
      Views:
  16. HW

HW Member

from today

Attached Files:

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice!

18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I never got anywhere near this close to anything at Montezuma last week except geese and barn swallows. ; The Nat. Wildlife Service has cut back so much habitat near the drive, not much comes in close. ; I did see some eagles and have pics but nothing of good quality. ; Will post later this week.

19. HW

HW Member

thanks John. Scott when they fly to and from the nest they get pretty close going by.