Photography Backpack

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Scottwdw, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I know you got them. I am in need on one which can handle the following:

Pro dSLR camera body
    70-200 f/2.8 lens
    80-400 lens
    A third lens like a 50mm or Fisheye (small sized lens)
    Able to attach a monopod/tripod to it.
    Miscellaneous stuff like batteries, memory cards, etc.

Any recommendations?

This is not for park trekking but to have equipment near me at sporting events.

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'm happy with my Think Tank Airport Essentials backpack. I'm sure they have one that will meet your needs.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

4. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

@Scottwdw I have a Tamrac Expedition 5 just like Tim's. You are welcome to borrow it if you want to see if it meets your needs. It may even be for sale since I really never use it.

5. gary

gary Member

Tim's has the optional zippers, optionaly closed

ExploringWDW likes this.
  6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I think the statute of limitations is up on that one, isn't it?

ExploringWDW likes this.
  7. mSummers

mSummers Member

There's a statute of limitations for that?

The build quality on the Think Tank products is outstanding. If I ever buy another backpack, I'll look there first. Tamrac is good too. Both of my shoulder bags are Tamrac's that I've had for close to 15 years.

I think the best backpack ever made was the Moose Peterson MP series which is unfortunately out of production. Incredible build quality and only has padding where you need it so it fits into any overhead bin unlike most over padded backpacks.

8. gary

gary Member

I got to go also with think tank, i really like their product quality, and i have good comparison experience since in a prior life i was both a trained special tactics officer i also got to try a lot of bdu and tac rigs from them