PIXELMANIA 2012 MEET SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by gary, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gary

gary Member

put your 2012 meet ideas and suggestions here, nothing is set in stone, although it's hoped to have it finalized by 9/1/12 or as soon after as the mcvmcp nights are announced

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I love the monorail tour of Poly and Grand Flo. ; I wonder if there is any way to get over to Wilderness Lodge for their tree as well? ; I know transportation makes that difficult, but it is a stunning tree!

3. gary

gary Member

all things are possible, that's why this is up so early, to get a consensus of what folk want in their pixelmania

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Absolutely, especially if we're using MK as a starting base - we can do the boat to Wilderness...boat back, then hit the Monorail.

5. ELinder

ELinder Member

In another thread we already talked about a character portrait type meet, but I can't find which thread it was.

Erich

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

How about the Santas around the world as the character portrait type meet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. gary

gary Member

that's excellent, falls right into the storyteller walk i have on the schedule, we just need to figure out exactly what to call it so folk understand what the meet is about, and it's a good chance for another tim tutorial on portraits, people love those kind of instructional walks , we need those in each years schedule tim, as they draw people in to pixelmania

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The nice thing about a "Santa Shoot"(sounds worse than it should be) is that the storytellers stick around a little bit for photos and such.

And if timed out right I would also suggest a comedy break to see the World Showcase Players in UK (King Authur and the Holy Grail). ; Not necessarily a photo shoot, but just a fun diversion to watch in an otherwise busy day (similar to watching the Jammotors this year).

9. gary

gary Member

world showcase players could be very doable, this is the kind of meet that will probably end up with a loose start time, maybe a twitter tuneup at the start, unless we can get our hands on the epcot storyteller schedule ahead of time and post it up on the site as a revision, but just thinking ahead, i'm for starting either at france or germany and working that area, now this year i caught uk santa, then had time to work to germany, actually i remember criss crossing from italy, la befana, to uk, then back to germany

10. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

As many times as I've been to Epcot during December, I haven't caught many of the Christmas storytellers. ; An organized meet would be very welcome.

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

My father was talking about his recent christmas trip to Disneyworld (how dare he go without me). ; And brought up a possible photomeet. ; FLIGHTS OF WONDER. ; It could be a mini-birdmania. ; Have not seen it in a while, but dad was saying they picked a couple of photographers out of the crowd and had an owl or hawk dive bomb them (the chairs they sat in had a perch just above head level).

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Flights is a cool show, but for me I have found it difficult to shoot as I feel you really aren't in the best position to get "good" shots.

Holidays around the world is awesome and we do it every year. ; China's Monkey King is fantastic, one of our favorites. ; Even to title it Holidays around the World Portraits and in the meet description describe what we are going to do.

13. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

How about something from one of the Official Disney photographers?

14. mSummers

mSummers Member

I was studying the park hours from last December just in case my C&TS trip in October gets canceled and noticed that the party days and EMH hours seem to match the park of the day schedule from PM2K11, which would suggest putting AK on Saturday again. ;

If that happens, and they keep the park open until 6:00pm like they did last December, a 5:30pm sunset time gives us the opportunity to shoot AK at night before heading to any number of events (MK EMH, Yeehaw Bob, etc.)

15. Tim

Works for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

17. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Would be great to get some evening shots at AK

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Can't wait to see the (tentative) final schedule once it is created. ; So many great ideas for meets. ; This is going to be a great trip (between USF/IOA for a day and PM2K12).

Sent from my iPhone...

19. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Does anyone feel capable of teaching a Histograms 101 class? ; I think this would be a good evening meet if there's a night when all of the parks close early. ; We could meet in one of the resort lounges and enjoy appropriate beverages.

20. Tim

Dennis, I think that is a great idea. I will definitely keep that one in mind if time becomes available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.