PIXELMANIA 2012 MEET SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by gary, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Assuming that we do AK on Sunday and assuming that the park closes at 6 pm like is has the past few years, there will be a golden/blue hour opportunity to end the day.

I realize many of you will be on your way home by then, but those of us who are still around can have an unofficial meet.

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

True. ; And even if we do slot in an official blue hour meet some other day during Pixelmania, there's no reason those of us still around Sunday night couldn't do a second blue hour meet somewhere of our choosing. ; I'm there through Monday night - heading home Tuesday...so anyone sticking around through the Monday night as well - we can throw in any random meet we want - if not, I'll just be relaxing and freelancing anyway that day and evening.

3. gary

gary Member

so i haven't dropped off the pixelmania planning thing, but i kind of had to put it all on the back burner for a few, i meant to be back doing suggestions this week and putting up more outline schedule BUT, i had a syncopal episode tuesday night during a fire training exercise, thought at first to be a cardiac event, but heart appears to be fine, i have turned out to be an undiagnosed hypertensive, 200/140 per the first emt's on scene. so i'm now home from the hospital and feeling better, now on lopressor and vasotec and finally addressing my weight issues. so i promise to be active again soon.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Glad you are doing better, and anxiously witing to see what surprises lie in store for us. ; I am currently working on the Trek meet for Sunday morning that might be a Breakout Meet for those who attend (but we'll see)...

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

5. Paul

Paul Member

Glad you are on the mend Gary, take care of yourself!

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Glad to hear you're ok. ; High blood pressure can be a scary thing and was what convinced me to loose some weight last year.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Feel better, Gary.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Get the rest and feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ELinder

ELinder Member

health comes first! Take care of yourself

Erich

10. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

So if Debbie was sick so the union sent Gary, who do they send when Gary is sick? ;
    This may call for a new t-shirt. ;

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

"Debbie AND Gary were sick, so they sent the rest of us!"

12. Paul

Paul Member

Splitsville could be another option for an unwinding meet...if it is open by then.

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

That could be fun

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

FYI... Disney just realeased an updated schedule for the Candlelight Processional. ; It looks like the Celeb featured during PixelMania 2K12 is John Denton. ; I had to look up on Google to see what he has been in and most recently he was on the show "Desparate Housewives". ; Not sure if he would make or break the decision to attend (the first time I attended it was just to see the processional itself and not the celeb. ; The next time I went was definitely due to the celeb).

15. gary

gary Member

i would attend just for the event so it doesn't matter to me who the narrator is. i vote for a dinner package meet, any restaurant would do, chefs de france still turns me on, and if i am careful with other food choices i can withstand the carb load that the mac & cheese gruyere would be, for those not aware, i have been diagnosed with hypertension and type 2 diabetes, i am well controlling things as of right now with medication with a very good prognosis long term if i lose weight and exercise, so my carb intake is necessarily very much reduced. i was very lucky last year in that the temps dropped considerably behind a cold front/shower just as i hit the saratoga springs check in, and when i made my way to epcot i scored a walk in seat to 5pm candlelight, something i have not seen available in 4-5 years. i would prefer not to have to pay for a disney dinner just to see this, but i find it enjoyable, and it's such a christmas thing that's fits the holiday theming that i am willing to cough up the bucks

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I think the timing on which of the shows to hit depended on what was being planned for the rest of the evening. ; I would assume that we would not be able to go to the 8:15 candlelight and still make the 8:30 Yeeha Bob if that were the plan for the evening. ; (and yes, he will be doing his christmas show by then!)...

17. gary

gary Member

if memory is good, you can do lunch packages for the 5:00 candlelight, this would then leave plenty of time for getting over to yeehaw bob. and i for one would vote for that as part of epcot day right now

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I was thinking that is what the general consensus was since I thought we were forgoing Illuminations this time around. ; It might work out to try and get a lunch adr at Le Cellier (where you'd get most "bang for your buck" at lunch) since it is either a prix fixe (I think) menu or two TS credits. ; Done at the right time and we could start the "Christmas Traditions" tour from Canada and work our way around before hopping into line for the processional.

19. mSummers

mSummers Member

Gary's right. ; The lunch package is probably the best option as it is a little less expensive than the dinner package, and still keeps the evening open for Yeehaw Bob or the Boardwalk Resort walk

20. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I too think the lunch option is the best way to go. ; It is the cheaper option and still gives PLENTY of time to do Yeeha Bob or any other options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.