PIXELMANIA 2015 Dates & Roll-Call

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Mar 24, 2015.

1. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I am definitely in. Already have my room booked and will be booking my Flights on 5/14 when SW opens their schedule. Whispering Canyon sounds great to be followed by Ft.Wilderness for Wednesday.

☆☆ So the meet is definitely starting on Wednesday with Universal on Thursday, is that right?☆

I booked my resort for Tuesday is case we went to Universal on Wednesday, but now I may wait and come on Wednesday (flights maybe priced better for that day, because it is further away from Thanksgiving).

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Since the extent of the planning for PM2015 occurred At DHS on Sunday night of PM2014, I would say it is subject to change.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

LOL! That is very true!!

4. gary

gary Member

naah, its pixel mania, we sleep on the plane, we eat whenever we are hungry, tim is occasionally late, meets morph on the fly, and gary is usually holding a cup of coffee for the first 2 hours of every day

Joanie Eddis-Koch and Jennifer like this.
  5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It's my "just drank a cup of Timmies" look or as my mother puts it, my "time to get a haircut" look.

6. Yay!!! I'm wagging my tail over the fact that you are coming again!!

Just remember that Southwest will release the flights for the month of December on or around May 14th.

I'll be staying at the Boardwalk inn @ club level December 1-8th. I got a pretty good rate from Magical Vacations Travel. This is the second time I have used them and I highly recommend them.

My husband Karl will be joining us for Pixelmania this year and my 17 year old son Evan will be bringing down his 2 buddies and running around the parks.

~Joanie

7. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I meant to post 5/14 for SW. Glad to hear your husband and son are coming this year. See you there!

8. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I will still try to arrive on Tuesday then.

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I will say that most likely Tuesday will not be the kick-off day. We have always started (unofficially) on Wednesday then went Thurs-Sun. I cannot make the time commitment to add another day to the schedule if I want to stay happily married.

10. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Ha!! That is understandable! Thank you for that info.

11. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Gillian and I will be there.

yensid71973 likes this.
  12. TinkyBell

TinkyBell Member

I plan to be there. This will be my first Pixelmania.

13. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Awesome!!! Can't wait to meet you.

14. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

For anyone on the fence about making a side trip to Universal during Pixelmania (though if you can't afford it, I understand), I'm posting photos from there this week on my Flickr page and here on the Universal Studios thread (and possibly on the Islands of Adventure thread). Check them out to see what the Wizarding World of Harry Potter has to offer.

15. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

What about those of us not on the fence, but instead ignoring the existence of Universal due to our extreme Disney loyalty and tradition? I'm pretty much the equivalent of the boy standing with his eyes tightly shut, fingers jammed in my ears, and yelling 'la la la la la' loudly whenever anything about Universal is brought up. ;) No way I skip a day possibly spent at Disney over on the traitorous grounds of that 4-eyed freaky kid!

* I jest. But I'm still not going there!

16. As far as affording the Universal tickets, I have a tip jar duct taped next to my door bell. Every time a Jehovah's witness or a kid selling Girl Scout cookies comes by I make them toss a buck in the jar or I won't listen to the sales pitch. So far I've collected one dollar, a half eaten thin mint and an old copy of "The Watch Tower" in my jar! I'm really excited because Landscaper, tree trimmer and power washing season is right around the corner. That should increase my tip jar take considerably!!

~Joanie

jbwolffiv and mSummers like this.
  17. ddindy

When I found out a Universal annual pass doesn't cost much more than a three-day two-park ticket, I said what the heck. I'm good until December 7.

Justin, I'll get back to you with a stinging retort. ;)

18. gary

gary Member

I am actually considering getting an annual pass

19. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

What's the over/under on how many Harry Potter spells will be cast whilst taking photos? Somehow I can imaging someone yelling "Expelliarmus!" after getting a killer photo.

20. ddindy

Great, now I have to pack my wand, though I think my spell of choice will be "accio D4S." I wonder if TSA will allow it in my carry-on if I hide it under the 70-200. :)

Gary, I have a friend who bought a "buy two days, get one free" ticket. On his third day in the park, he stopped at guest relations and was told it would only cost him $20 to upgrade it to an AP. I bought mine directly from the Universal web site. I don't know which of us got the better deal.