~ Pixelmania 2017 Dates! ~

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Nov 28, 2016.

1. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Awesome!!! I book DVC also. Sometimes it is very hard to get the first day you want unless you try right at 8am on line.

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I wonder if they open up for online booking at midnight that day, or only in the morning same-day? I am generally up until 2am most nights, so I could book it first thing at 12:01am if they open up booking then...

3. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

DVC online booking starts at 8am for the next day available. I started watching a few days ahead and that first day, like I needed, was never available, but I was very lucky and when it came to the actual day I wanted it was. Then again the Studios I try to get are very popular and go quickly. If you are not so particular what you want many DVC villas are much easier to book. Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I booked mine around 1am (confirmation email arrived at 3am) on New Year's Eve (technically New Year's Day)... so I'd definitely give it a try. But maybe I was already a half day behind my booking(?)...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Gillian and I will be there starting Saturday afternoon after we disembark from our 7 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy.

mSummers and yensid71973 like this.
  6. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

AWESOME!!!!! Have fun on your cruise!

ExploringWDW likes this.
  7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

It is looking like I may be able to swing it again this year. Amanda made some choices about our summer vacation that allowed for there to be points for my father/daughter trip in September, so I wont have to "pay" for my room in September. Looks like Pixelmania 2017 here I come!

8. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

We are considering a September trip too. You know your dates yet?

yensid71973 likes this.
  9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Yup, flying in on Wed Sept 20, doing MNSSHP on Thursday the 21st, and fly home on the evening of the 24th. Staying at Bay Lake Tower. Quick down and back.

10. zackiedawg

I'll also be doing my usual September trip - though haven't booked a date yet. Usually the first week or two of F&W.

jbwolffiv and yensid71973 like this.
  11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just added two more days to the PixelMania trip... just two more days to add on Saturday. The good news is that I'm at least booked thru all of PixelMania. And how funny that there will be a mini PixelMania in September. As of right now I'll also be down there at that time. Doing a four night cruise with friends from Sept. 18-22 and then sticking around at Kidani (currently but hopefully changing) until the 28th. We will all have to get together for a meal or something...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbwolffiv likes this.
  12. zackiedawg

I'm booked...I was going to add Monday as well for that extra cushion day, but decided to just make it Wed through Sun...Dec 6 - 10. I finally got my Boardwalk 1-bedroom villa, boardwalk view...for a change I'm not way out at Saratoga - so it will be easier to hit the Epcot day, Resort late night shooting, and of course morning coffee and bakery on the Boardwalk in the mornings.

I'm hoping to put a request in for one of the giant covered balconies over the general store or clothes store, which for me are the best of the Boardwalk views for the privacy and shade on the balconies, and closeness to the lobby and stairs down to the Boardwalk...this early, I'm hoping I can fulfill requests for certain rooms.

yensid71973 likes this.
  13. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

That is AWESOME!!! I am so glad you got what you wanted, Justin.

14. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

That is great. It is going to be a great pixelmania.

15. zackiedawg

Thank you. Indeed it will be nice to be a little closer to some of the action. I put a specific request in for room 2033, 2039, or 2045, which are all the big covered balconies on the 2nd floor (which is the same floor as the lobby) - all are right above the general store on the Boardwalk, and there's a stairs down to the boardwalk level just a few rooms away. Here's to hoping! Either way, I'll be in a Boardwalk view room, which is always nice.

16. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

That is great, Justin. Those villas sound like they are in a nice area. Thanks for posting villa numbers. I stay in a studio when solo and so far in a 2 BR with family. If I ever stay at Boardwalk I will remember to request that area. Thank you for that information.

17. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Is anyone else having trouble posting? It is VERY SLOW!!!! It took me over 20 minutes just to post my last reply. Grrrrr....I almost gave up.

18. zackiedawg

BTW - if looking for studios at Boardwalk with those same balconies, and same views, the numbers are 2035, 2037, 2045, and 2047. There's one next to each 1-bedroom, and if you get a 2-bedroom, it will use the 1-bedroom plus a studio together.

yensid71973 likes this.
  19. gary

gary Member

just booked my pixel mania, casa gary will be at the boardwalk, although no boardwalk view this year, need those points for a family trip again. in 12/5/17, out 12/12/17, 1 bedroom, hosting michael and i assume tim

20. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Waiting on approval from The Boss.

mSummers and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.