~ Pixelmania 2017 Dates! ~

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Nov 28, 2016.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Reminder: See above post regarding Southwest.

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Announcement: the Southwest Booking Window is now open!

3. Woo hoo! I'm booked! I have to arrive Sat. Dec. 2nd and I'm leaving friday the 15th.
    Flights were $125 EACH WAY plus I used vouchers so the flight is FREEEEEEE!!!!

Bong! The early bird gets the worm...

~Joanie

PolynesianMedic likes this.
  4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Wow - flying free might actually make getting beat up, felt up, and treated like cattle worth it! ;)
    Congrats.

5. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I booked flights for Sat, Dec 2 and Wed, Dec 13 right when the booking opened. I used SW Rapid Rewards points for both flights. So just paying airport fees. I would prefer leaving on Tues, Dec 12 to save DVC points. So I will keep watching for the price to go down for that day. I was worried about the non stop flight times, (since we only have a couple of non stops a day from here) but they are not too bad.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  6. ddindy

I'm booked as well, Dec. 5-12. Thanks to some leftover flight funds, my pair of $87 non-stop flights ended up costing just over $41 for the round trip. Of course, I'll be adding early-bird check-in at some point - gotta get on before all those blasted kids that seem to infest these Orlando flights.

Joanie Eddis-Koch and jbwolffiv like this.
  7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Booked mine this morning. Was tempted to take the latest flight home SW has ever offered, but the 11:30pm arrival followed by the usually slow baggage handling would have gotten me home at 2:00am. That would have resulted in a 3hr nap between vacation and work which probably isn't a good idea.

Yes Gary, I know I can sleep on the plane.

8. ✈✈ Zzzzzz....

mSummers likes this.
  9. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

We have been trying to decide on how long to make this trip since we are doing a 7 night (12/2-12/9) cruise right before Pixelmania. We were originally going to do 12/1 through 12/12. Then we were going to cut the post cruise WDW stay and just fly home on the 9th. We decided to compromise and are staying one night after the cruise. So, we arrive 12/1 at 8:35AM (5:45AM departure!), cruising from 12/2 through 12/9, back to WDW (maybe noonish?) on the 9th and flying out at 9PM on the 10th. Our APs expire this year on September 7th. If someone tells me that Pixelmania 2018 will be the first weekend in October we will take advantage of the 13 month renewal this year and our APs will expire on the last official day of Pixelmania 2018. I think we're usually the second weekend in October though...

jbwolffiv likes this.
  10. mSummers

mSummers Member

Last year it was the 3rd week of October. Having said that, the 2018 dates have not been set at this point other than generally leaning to be in the F&W/MNSSHP window. There are some scheduling issues that early in the month that typically push an October event to last half of the month.

We do plan to have the 2018 dates set before the DVC window opens.

11. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Thanks Michael!

12. mSummers

mSummers Member

You're welcome. Sorry I can't be more helpful. We just haven't gotten that far ahead yet.

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Who will I drink with on Thursday and Friday? @ddindy you're up!!!

14. ddindy

@jbwolffiv You can count on me. Stay thirsty, my friend.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  15. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

@jbwolffiv Thursday is a sea day so we'll join you from whatever bar you pick on the Fantasy. Friday is Castaway Cay so I'm going to assume you would choose Heads Up Bar. I know @ddindy isn't a cruiser but you are more than welcome to join us! Saturday and Sunday we'll all enjoy a few beverages together for sure! We need to check out Geyser Point Bar and Grill...

jbwolffiv likes this.
  16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

With Thrusday being the MK day, you will have to drink without us, unless we hit Skipper Canteen again. There should be a few beers at the Winter Brewers Collection (assuming its there) on Friday. Plenty to drink at DHS and DAK!!

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'm glad airfare opened up... now all I have to decide is if the savings I'd get by flying Southwest out of Chicago is worth the 3hr drive (each way) in December weather (although it could be bright and sunny it could also be 3ft of snow)... Too many decisions to make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

I assume our very well informed planning board knows about the new time for the 3 o'clock parade. This is the case as far out as the current Disney calendar is showing. Could it be "Paint the Night"???????

19. mSummers

mSummers Member

I hadn't seen that one. Thanks for the heads up!

Regarding Paint the Night, I'd love to see it at WDW, but I take that particular source with a grain of salt. He's good at the click bait. He recently posted that UoE is being replaced simply based on wetlands permits being filed for areas near the attraction.

I guess we'll know for sure in August

20. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I hope so too. With this weeks press event also including summer events, maybe we find out this week. But you are correct about his click baiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk