PIXELMANIA 2021 10/20/2021 to 10/24/2021 Wed.-Sun.

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Since we had to cancel the 2020 Pixelmania we have decided to

Reschedule Pixelmania
    for
    Wednesday OCTOBER 20th to Sunday Oct. 24th 2021

We thought it was best to not miss out on the Halloween festivities since we had to cancel the October 2020 meet.

Please post your plans when you know them in the comments below. :)

2. Reserved for Information

3. Reserved for Information

4. Reserved for Information

5. I plan on coming down Mon. October 18th 2021 to Saturday check out Oct. 30th 2021 and staying off site at the Hawthorne Suites Lake Buena Vista hotel. I'll be driving down so I'll have my car. I was able to move my hotel reservation to the following year so that's why I know what I'm doing.

~Joanie

Nancy AK likes this.
  6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Ouch! Covid is messing with my 2021 Pixelmania now! (I was anticipating Christmas for 2021 since 2020 was Halloween). Have to see how it works out for October next year - with essentially no trips since February 2020 it could be a full year without Disney, and I'll have lots of DVC points leftover this year, and cruising is the one thing generally worse-off than Disney World as far as Pandemic-mania fears...maybe by next October they won't be requiring masks. :)

Nancy AK and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  7. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

I will be there, most likely at Pop Century. The Reservations for that month hasn’t opened yet, but I’m thinking probably October 18-27, 19-28, 20-29.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Tentative scheduling says I’ll arrive some time between the 14th to 18th and stay thru until the 28th. I plan on booking a cash reservation once they open up (was told to check in September) and then hopefully book at a dvc resort at the 11 month window in November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nancy AK likes this.
  9. gary

gary Member

i will be there, probably at beach club, as soon as the booking window opens

10. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

I was also told to check back in September for October 2021 window to open.

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

I’ll be there. Dates TBD.

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

FYI... resort bookings just opened up for PixelMania! I’m having my TA book it later today (and then try for DVC next month when the 11 month window opens).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy AK and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  13. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Thank you I’m going contact my TA

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

aaaaand... I’m booked at Plop from the 18th to 29th. Will be canceling that if I can book DVC next month (and able to do so with less than the 50% borrowed as currently allowed).

Nancy AK likes this.
  15. Really bad news regarding the stupid Park reservation requirement. This essentially means no park hopping, and if you are staying off site, you will only have access to 3 park reservations at a time. That means that it will be that much easier to be locked out of a park during high demand times, like in October when we will be having Pixelmania.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/10/disney-park-pass-reservation-calendar-extended-through-january-2022/

This system is beyond stupid for the guest. Basically this is Disney saying that "it's more important for us to inconvenience you simply so that we can staff the parks based on knowing the number of guests attending with this reservation system".

Personally speaking I am getting to the end of my desire to visit Disney parks because of all this B.S. they are foisting on the guests. It just gets worse every chance they get.

People who are staying at Disney resorts are guaranteed a park reservation somewhere, but I think when the numbers visiting increase it's going to be a cluster *uck, like with high demand Fast passes, with too many people wanting a certain park on a certain day and not being able to get it. That's a genius move for customer satisfaction...

This will really complicate people's ability to get together on the same day at the same park like we do for Pixelmania.

No park hoping is just ridiculous That is a soul crushing loss. WTF are they thinking? How the hell are people going to eat dinner at Epcot? They just aren't thinking straight with these stupid decisions. It's like the Village idiot is running the parks.

~Joanie

Nancy AK likes this.
  16. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

I’m hoping Disney will come to their senses and lift this Park Reservation BS before Pixelmania 2021.

17. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

6A4EA631-F42C-42B4-9616-1FC552AD448E.jpeg I’m at Pop Century October 19-26, 2021. I might do a day or 2 before at Universal