Pixelmania 2k11 Feasability Poll

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Dec 6, 2010.

?

Would you be in favor of moving Pixelmania 2k11 (if it happens) to October?

1. Yes!

22 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No.

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

A few members (and, more importantly, my wife) have mentioned moving a potential Pixelmania 2k11 from December to October to take advantage of the warmer weather, Halloween decor, and other things. ; Please ring in and let me know what YOU think.

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

If we can come to a decision prior to Sunday (@ 4pm) I would be able to change my vacation time at work (we are selecting it this week and getting approval by mid December). ; Either time would be fine, but I do like the first weekend in December because I can piggyback it with thanksgiving and get a few extra days of vacation out of it. ; If the decision is made later for october, I might still be able to trade for a long weekend. ; But would need to know sooner rather than later.

So, I currently vote to keep it December (but can work with either with enough notice).

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Right now it doesn't look like I would be able to attend next year as I have a family trip to WDW planned over Columbus weekend and all of the rest of my vacation time is accounted for at this point. ; Even if PM2K11 ended up being held that weekend I would only be able to make one or two meets. ;

However, in general I like the idea of changing up the date. ; I dont' mind the December weather and I love seeing the Christmas decorations in the parks, but I think it would be really cool to alternate between October and December to allow for a greater variety of meets based on the event going on in the parks at those times.

4. ELinder

ELinder Member

A change of decoration from the Christmas theme would be nice, but the weather may be a deciding factor. There would be a much higher chance of heat, humidity, and rain. Either time frame would work for me.

Erich

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I think an October meet would be awesome! ; Halloween party, Food and Wine, Eat to the Beat concerts I think the possibilities are endless. ; The warmer weather of this past October wasn't nearly as bad as it was in the summer, and rain was little to none. ; Besides, if it did rain, it would be better than a rainy day in December at Epcot. ; ;)

6. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Count me in for October ; ;D

7. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

I could probably do either Oct or Dec. ; but would prefer Oct for the warmer weather and I like the Halloween party better.

8. Tim

This is turning into a blowout. ; Mrs. TMIP will be pleased.

9. PolynesianMedic

I am sure she will be. ; Will she be attending also?

10. Tim

Negative.

11. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Oh, man, this is a toughie for me - for the last two years, I've made my yearly trips in October so I could attend Tag-o-mania, the Tagrel.com yearly gathering. Just a few weeks ago, I made my decision that next year, I would make my trip in early December, so I could attend Pixelmania, and maybe some Passporter events (should they be scheduled), and so I could try my 50D and my new tripod out on the Osborne Lights. I'm also hoping that the Lights of Winter come back in some new form next year. I miss the WDW holiday decorations. And I miss all you pixel-maniacs; it's been two years since I last saw most of you at MouseFest 2008.

If Pixelmania changes to October, I'd enjoy being able to maybe attend both Pixelmania events and possibly Tag-o-Mania events, too, but I'd really miss the holiday stuff.

I'm up in the air on this one; I'll most likely be there whichever month it's held in, unless by some miracle MouseFest makes a return in 2011. I just miss the Osborne Lights, both as something to look at and as something to photograph.

12. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Oct for us, I am really getting tired of the Pop Warner crowed.

13. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

October would be less hectic from a holiday standpoint.

I'm starting a new job this month, though, so I'm not sure how that will impact things.

The weather is probably warmer.

Would there be interest in doing a Universal/Harry Potter night?

Regards,

Boris

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So, as it is looking like PM2K11 will be moving to October, what would the most likely dates be?
    Oct 6-9th?
    Oct 13-16th?
    Oct 20-23rd?
    or Oct 27th thru 30th?

My vote would be for the 27th thru 30th (as I can get an extra day or two at the tail end of the week of vacation since it is scheduled to be a weekend off). ; But again, I would really need to know by the end of this week so that I can change my vacation dates before they are locked out (or else I am "stuck" with december as usual - not that it is a problem)

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I also found out this trip that (thru the concierge desk) there is a bus that picks up at Disney Resorts and takes you over to Universal for the day (for just $18 a person). ; So a day at Universal might be in the picture.

16. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

October would be great for me. Maybe this year I could at least do the weekend. It sucked sitting out this year.

Sent from my Droid

17. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

This. ; +1 for October.

That would be very cool- I've never seen it.

18. PolynesianMedic

My only concern with doing a Harry Potter night, around Halloween would be the crowds. ; Especially with their Horror Nights going on. ; It might not be feasible to do night tripod shooting there.

19. Paul

Paul Member

:( sad to say I will most likely not be able to make it in October, but who knows. ;

20. Tim

If you can't make it, I think we will all BOOT[nb]yes, it's an inside joke.[/nb].