Pixelmania! - Scavenger Hunt Contest Entries

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

You have to ask sean&karen for that one. ;

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

While we are waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the results. ; Here are some TMIPer's during the Hunt.

Caught: Dennis photographing a secret naval wargame simulation.
    [​IMG]

Justin with his mighty SONY.
    [​IMG]

Jeff (RedOctober) joking with CM Joe about where the last photo clue might be. ; He was as stumped as we were!
    [​IMG]

Karen playing along for my camera.
    [​IMG]

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots Scott!

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

great shots Scott!

5. Tim

the announcement is coming soon. ; don't worry, it's all good!

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'm thinking... They liked every team's photos so much that EVERYONE WINS!!!! ; The wait is killing me (okay, not really, but come on man!)

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Now I'm curious, Scott: ; What is that thing hanging from my left hand? ; It looks like a wallet or something.

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I think that's the envelope the photo clues came in, Dennis.

[​IMG]

9. ddindy

That's what it is, all right. ; As you can see, I'm using a multitasking technique that allows me to keep a firm grip on the envelope and use my remaining two fingers to firmly support the camera. ; Also note the artistic way the camera strap is hooked around the envelope.

Or maybe I'm just trying to hide the scruffy underside of my chin.

Either way, you can file this one under "How NOT to hold a camera." ; ;D

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Tim, feel free to use this photo for any future slideshow presentations. ; :D

Dennis, you didn't drop the camera so it must have worked. ; That was a tough subject to photograph. ; The CMs came up with some great ideas. ; BTW, does anyone know what the name of this little store is? ; Couldn't find it.

11. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

At least noone photographed me taking my photo of that clue - talk about strange stance and hold! ; I took advantage of live view with a tilt LCD on my camera to hold the camera at arms length above my head, UPSIDE DOWN, to get an 'eye-level' perspective of the Battleship board. ; I don't think that stance would pass muster with any pro photogs. ; :)

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Yeah, I think we both ended up with nearly the same view using the Tilt Screen. ; It definitely comes in handy every once in a while.

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

...and waiting, waiting, waiting... (BUMP)

14. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Contest? ; What contest? ; Oh yeah...I think I remember that, long ago, when we were young.

Maybe we should see if any of the 4 teams hasn't made any comments - could be they won and are enjoying a World tour of all Disney parks as their prize, and the whiners like us are the teams that lost! ; ;)

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

and in a galaxy far, far away...

16. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

I think the contest is closed for refurb.

17. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

is there a right way to hold a camera looking straight up? :p

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I think the results will be revealed at the next PixelMania as an "Anniversary" Prize.

19. Tim

I think you need to check the other thread. ;

20. ddindy

On my last trip I made a point of trying to determine the name of the shop, and it appears that it has no name. ; There is no sign anywhere. ; The wall behind Mr. Spell says "Story Dept", but I think that's just an attempt to duplicate the Pixar campus atmosphere.