PIXELMANIA! You In?

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Mar 17, 2009.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

mmmm ADR's! ; I can't wait!

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'm up for a group meal or two. ; I think somebody mentioned Big River a long time ago - they don't take ADRs.

Be aware that the dining reservation system will be swamped beginning Oct. 27 when Disney switches from 90 to 180 day ADRs.

3. PolynesianMedic

What about the buffet or whatever it is next to Hoop De Doo at the camp ground?

4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Member

The Trail's End....probably the best deal on property and the food ain't too bad :)

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Me loves me some trails end!

6. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Member

Maybe we do a "Trail's End" meal together as well as a "nature picture walk" around Fort Wilderness :)

7. PolynesianMedic

Sounds like an intriguing idea to me.

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Sounds like a plan. ; As another soloer, I'd be up for some shared meals too. ; If anyone else wants to go 'high class', I'm always up for Jiko if someone wants to go with me.

9. gary

gary Member

yeah, i could do a jiko meal

10. Paul

Paul Member

Jiko and Trail's End are two places I have never been and want to try.

11. jermsworld

jermsworld Member

I'm on the free Quick Service Meal plan, but I think I can fit in a Trail's End Buffet, especially if it includes some trail walks. ; Favorite place at Disney World is Fort Wilderness, especially around sunset. ; Great idea. ; As for other ADR's, I'll sit back and see if anything catches my attention.

12. zackiedawg

Those are both two opposite ends of the price spectrum...but both are great for their own reasons! ; I'm all for both...Ft. Wilderness has always been a favorite of mine from my annual family cabin stays on Memorial Day weekend (since replaced with DVC). ; And we always golf-carted over to Trail's End at least one of the days each trip for dinner...and hanging at the bar.

Jiko is just my favorite restaurant in Disney, period. ; Skip breakfast and lunch on Jiko day, because appetizers, meal, wine, dessert, and coffee are all a must!

13. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

How does this sounds for a planning suggestion?

In the Pixelmania board, throw up a new forum topic for any ADRs that you have booked that you are willing to have people join in on. ; For example: ; Justin might post a thread called Jiko ADR 12/3/2009 7PM (just made that up).

In the body of the thread you can state how many people you have slots available for in your ADR

I also suggest that if you are open to guests joining you on your meals to try and book your ADR for as many ppl as you feel comfortable with. ; It's easier to lower your guest count than raise it. ; But keep in mind each restaurant has a threshold that if you go over it, they charge you a mandatory gratuity. ;

This may be an awesome way to get you all to further interact outside of photography outings. ;

14. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Member

Great idea Ray :)

15. PolynesianMedic

Ray, that's a great idea!

16. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Great idea Ray! I'll start posting mine.

17. Fishphotos

Fishphotos Member

Well I thought I could squeeze this in and I actually found a great fare to fly up to MCO but there are no rooms available now!! ; Wow December and no rooms... that's crazy. ;

Hope there will be a second Pixelmania next December because I am planning my next WDW visit for Dec 2010.

Have a blast all you photo folks and I will look forward to seeing all the great results here when you return!

18. zackiedawg

Wow...sold out!!?? ; Phew, it's gonna be crowded up there. ; Too bad on the strike out - I wonder if it isn't worth trying to waitlist as there may be some changes and something may open for a brief window. ; At least for a small time, and see what happens.

What about staying in the joints that are JUST off property, but can still use Disney transportation to get around? ; Did you try Bonaventure Hotel, Hilton, Wyndam Palace? ; Those three are right at Downtown Disney, and VERY easy walking distance to either the Marketplace bus stop or to the Congress Park bus stop at Saratoga Springs, so you could pretty easily get around without needing a car or local transport. ; I've stayed at Wyndam a few times when I go on short notice, and it doesn't feel all that different from staying on property - and I still use the Saratoga and Marketplace busses to get around.

19. Fishphotos

Fishphotos Member

Thanks Justin!

It's just not the same for me if I am not on property. ; I have already spoken to my TA regarding next December and... I think I can get Steve to join me if we wait a year! ;

Have a blast...

20. zackiedawg

Oh well...I can't say I disagree - I stay on property nearly all the time, unless there is just no way to work it out. ; The Wyndam and Hilton were acceptable because of the ability to use the Disney busses, but true, they don't have the same 'magic' and theming as when walking around the Disney resorts. ; When staying in those properties, I pretty much spend all my time on Disney property right until I'm ready to go to sleep, then just walk back to the hotel and drop on the bed. ; When I'm staying on property, I take late night walks, stay up for photos, read a book on the balcony, and just take in the atmosphere.